cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simple P2P question....

N/A

Simple P2P question....

I've done a search in the Forums but haven't found the exact answer I was looking for.....

As things stand with the current home broadband packages, are you allowed to use P2P ? if so, any restrictions ? If it helps, I'm thinking about upgrading from dialup to a 1 or 2mb connection with a 2gb cap.

Also, if a friend signs up, is there anywhere he can specify my username for referral discount etc ? Or would he have to use a referral banner.....

Thanks in advance,

Dave W
3 REPLIES
N/A

Simple P2P question....

With the current Broadband Home packages there are no restrictions on P2P. Obviously it is up to you to follow PlusNet's Acceptable Use Policy concerning the legality of anything you download.

During the signup process there is a box for people to enter the name of someone who referred them - so as long as your friend enters your username during the signup process then you will get the referral. For more details on Referrals take a look at this page.
N/A

Simple P2P question....

Dave

Yes indeed you can use P2P on the new account types, and yes there is a section of the signup where your friend can put your name in as a referral without having to use a banner.
N/A

Simple P2P question....

Cheers Chris and Stewart....

I had a feeling (hoping) that was the case, just needed it confirming.

Thanks,

Dave Smiley