Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simon's got a ban

Metalguru
Grafter

Simon's got a ban

If anyone's missing simonbucknell
He's been banned from the forums.

Obviously his postings were touching a few nerves.
44 REPLIES
N/A

Simon's got a ban

who decides on banning someone from the forums?, is it 100% the mods or do the coms team have a say?
N/A

Simon's got a ban

Received: Fri 23-Sep-05 23:36:41
hi M8, would you mind atachin this email to the simons got a ban thread on +net forums
or pass it on to homeaga1n, as they have stopped my pms now also

I wont take ofence if you dont

(reverse order)

Hi Simon,

There are numerous posts I would personally class as argumentative or disruptive.
The main ones which have recently caused complaint from PlusNet are (including the posts quoted) -
http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?p=228706#228706
http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?p=228714#228714
http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?p=228724#228724

Also for the record it wasn't Dave who raised these.

I'm not going to discuss this issue any further, I've informed you of the moderators' decision and what you can do if you feel that you have been treated unfairly.

XXXXXXX
----- Original Message -----
To: XXXXXX
Sent: Friday, September 23, 2005 9:07 PM
Subject: Re: Forum Access

Ahh the "point"

please point me in the direction of where my posts became disruptive ( backed up by many posters)

truthful maybe but not disruptive

I should imagine (given the general unrest by Mods on the forum) that this decision was made by DT and not yourselves,

Im not asking you to confirm either way, but still a petty action

Simon
To: Simon Bucknell
Sent: Friday, September 23, 2005 8:51 PM

Hi Simon,

To be honest I didn't know the exact date of when you will be leaving, however that is besides the point. Your access will be restored on Sunday and as long as your posts are constructive, non-aggressive and within the rules of the forum you will be able to access them up until whenever your account with PlusNet is fully cancelled. This is the same for any user who gets a temporary ban regardless of when they are planning on moving to another ISP.

XXXXX
To: XXXXXXX
Sent: Friday, September 23, 2005 8:42 PM

as I said, "petty"

pn cunsultation = DT

lol

"Any further breeches of the forum guidelines and we will remove your posting rights for a longer period of time"

what part of "Migrating on Monday" dont you understand ?

lol

Simon
To: Simon Bucknell
Sent: Friday, September 23, 2005 8:24 PM

Hi Simon,

This action was taken after a decision was collectively made by the majority of the forum moderators and with consultation from PlusNet. You have previously been warned about disrupting the forums and this action has been taken after monitoring posts made in the forums over some time.

xxxxxxx
To: XXXXXXXXXXX
Sent: Friday, September 23, 2005 8:16 PM

all I can say XXXXX, is how very petty of you
To: simon@simonbucknell.fsnet.co.uk ; postmaster@simonbucknell.plus.com
Sent: Friday, September 23, 2005 5:17 PM
Subject: Forum Access

Simon,

After reviewing a number of your posts the moderators have decided to impose a 48 hour restriction on your posting to the forum. This is after at least two warnings in threads for you to stop posting unconstructive comments. It is clear you are not happy with PlusNet and we understand this, however your disruptive attitude is nolonger compatible with the forums. Your restriction will be lifted in 48 hours, however please refrain from making unconstructive / aggressive or hijacking posts in future. Any further breeches of the forum guidelines and we will remove your posting rights for a longer period of time. If you have any objections to this action then please raise a Contact Us ticket to PlusNet for attention of the Comms Team and they will investigate the issue.

xxxxxx

--
This email has been verified as Virus free
Virus Protection and more available at http://www.plus.net

--

--
N/A

Simon's got a ban

"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" - not my words, but those of Brian's mother in Monty Python's Life of Brian.
Firejack
Grafter

Simon's got a ban

And the point of this thread is? :roll:

Guys, please stop starting useless topics. Its making the forums really hard to read.
N/A

Simon's got a ban

And the point of this thread is? :.

to tell people simon has been banned for his posts

sorry if it's confusing you, but im quite interested in who's been banned, and for what.
N/A

Simon's got a ban

And the point of this thread is? :roll:

The point of the thread is "Simon's got a ban"

Guys, please stop starting useless topics. Its making the forums really hard to read.

Define useless? actually maybe this thread isn't a good place to ask that Smiley
N/A

Re: Simon's got a ban

If anyone's missing simonbucknell....

Not likely Cheesy
Highlighted
N/A

Simon's got a ban

Chris

can I also ask you,

"Who gave you access to my personal email address"

simon@simonbucknell.xxxxxxxxx.uk

Data protection act springs to mind, as you are not a +net employee

I await your responce or that of Dave Tomlinson, before I take this matter further.

(please pass this communication on to him if you like)

I awate your immediate responce

Simon Bucknell
N/A

Simon's got a ban

to tell people simon has been banned for his posts

That's right, it's not polite to just leave like that.

I like to think of them as "The Disappeared" Smiley
N/A

Simon's got a ban

you can't keep a good man down eh :lol: Cheesy
channel
Grafter

Simon's got a ban

I like to think of them as "The Disappeared" Smiley

The Disappeared?

It feels more like The 4400?

(Non Sky One viewers need not reply)
Firejack
Grafter

Simon's got a ban

The point of the thread is "Simon's got a ban"
And in what way has that anything to do with this forum. Absolutely nothing. This is a forum for customers and guests to talk about the service provided from Plus.net. Not for people argue in public how someone feels they have been treated unfairly. There are proper channels for that and this isn't it.

Define useless? ...
It has no relevence to the forum. It serves no purpose.

Really I'm getting quite frustrated with the 'groupies' this forum seems to of picked up of late. People have seen people like pr100 stick up for customer rights and now they want some sort of digital martyrdom for being part of the crusade. Very pathetic.
Before you say I'm just a Plus.net fanboy. Respect to pr100 as he highlighted an issue professionally and rationally and I agreed with 95% of what he has to say.
When other people start trying to emulate pr100 they come across as annoying whinges and I'm not the only person on these forums that feels that way I'm sure.

Plus.net is far from perfect right now but if you have a problem with them, leave and let the rest of us who want to ride along for awhile to see if any changes are made to restore the old values of the service in peace.

>> Groupies - You are making a point that has been made before and described 10,000 times better. Just leave.. you aren't helping anyone.
N/A

Simon's got a ban

I'm sure more of us will get banned, they dont want us to put off 'fresh meat' do they?. Anyone thinking of joining PN - move on find another ISP unless you just want to browse the net or read email..
Pathfinder
Grafter

Re: Simon's got a ban

If anyone's missing simonbucknell

Not very likely but if you are try substituting Simon with a few pints, as I did myself last night. A pint is better to look at, a lot less arguementative and infinitely more enjoyable to be with.

Tongue