cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sight - £21.99 for this...

N/A

I wasn't going to bring this to the forums, but seeing as the ticket was rejected straight off no questions answered because of 'abusive language' here it is. I'll let the customers decide.
--------
Okay first question for PlusNet is. What The **** are you Playing at?

6-12 months ago you where the best ISP in my area if not the uk, in that time you have 'pioneered' aka ****ed up. A lot. FUP was Understandable and was taken back when the community accepted it, Nice one. That was one month of interrupted Services. The CGI server was wiped clean 'by accident' Lots of work I had done ( and lots of my friends on their accounts ) were lost. I can imagine if any businesses run off your cgi server would have lost a few thou in revenue IF they werent quick enough to re-install their backups.

That was all out of the way and I got re-graded to 2mb ( upon request ). Which brings me to your treatment of your customer base. New users got put straight onto 2mb before current subscribers where off 576kb. But this was a long drawn out process and painfully slow. And in this time ( may-july I beleive ) the apparent 2mb I was regraded too was always on the up and down. Extremely Problematic.

I had one month of fine internet, well, apart from the odd problems that only lasted maybe an hour or only required a router restart. But still more than my fair share In my opinion.

Now in the last week, I've heard that bit-torrent is throttled completely, as im a casual downloader I don't notice, I just 'presume' its because of slow seeds, lots of leachers. But my friend used a same torrent on his ISP ( F2s ) and got ~200KBs whereas I was getting 5~10kb/s Absolutely un-acceptable.

Secondly, I'm an avid gamer, and ping means a lot to me. The odd spike I can handle, the odd few minutes of bad lag I can put up with. But when its nearly every other night where my ping is in the 100's....

Here's a comparison. I'm in a clan of roughly 15 members. Out of those 15 I am the one with the most downtime, least official games played. In the last 6months I've missed out on over 40official matches due to my Ping. No other player has that problem. One or two problems, possibly 3 or 4 in one month is bareable. Not several a week Sad

To top it all off, I woke up early this morning ( 6am ish ) to upload some files for college today. And through 6:25am~7:00am the net was constantly on and off. Ok dumped em on my 1gb mp3 player... Get home to find what appears to be the DNS server down. Several router reboots didnt solve it for several hours until it finally started working again.

Now I don't know about anybody else but their recent posts 'Vision for 2006' Tell you what, go shove those visions up your *** and get working on the problems us users have TODAY not in 2000 and ****ing 6.

I am on a knife edge on whether to request my MAC and leave. But I had 3years of unbeatable service with PlusNet when I worked in a cybercafe. So please, pull your fingers out of your ***** and get this sorted. Or else your going to lose a lot more subscribers than just me.

Thanks for reading.
--------

In addition to this, my internet has dropped 8 times in the last 4hours. Un-acceptable service. As I said, I'm on a knife edge to leave.
17 REPLIES
N/A

Very well said mate. I have responded to a similar post to this and I have to agree, even back a few months this ISP was GREAT now they just take the mickey......in other words Shiteeeeeeeeee
N/A

Yep, just the way it should be said....
I totally agree, PN are going downhill day by day
Its time they did something about it
N/A

Well, we've had ADSL now for 6 weeks. I was recommended to go with PlusNet. At first they were top notch. And then lately the pings went mad. And downloading p2p, i was downloading and i was getting 1-6kb and i put it down, maybe just downloading from slow whatever. But since i've been reading these forums. I've noticed they limit the speed. Hmm!! Well, maybe it will be sorted as many customers are not happy.

I am more annoyed the fact that i keep losing sync. That is not PlusNets side, but it is still annoying. But, i do also have random disconnects, where the internet just goes down. Staying in sync still, but internet goes down. I am unsure what to. Was recommended, and now everything does seem to be going downhill.

I got a Premier Account (512k as my line can't support 1mb or 2mb)
ceridwen
Grafter

Re: Sight - £21.99 for this...

I wasn't going to bring this to the forums, but seeing as the ticket was rejected straight off no questions answered because of 'abusive language' here it is. I'll let the customers decide.

To be honest, I do think that the language in your ticket was a little on the colourful side, so I think PN were justified in rejecting it based on abusive langauge.

On the other hand, the points you raise are (IMHO) valid. The ticket would, in my opinion, have been much more effective without the colourful epithets and also if it was more factual and less aggressive (i.e passive aggression!)

Matthew
N/A

Yep, I was frustrated, which is the reason for the forward aggression. I'm an avid gamer, I'm a community leader for World of Warcraft, Counter-Strike. I lead many things and tonight I was unable to do anything.

And it took me 4 or 5 re-writes of the above post in the ticket system to eventually get it sent, in fact I eventually wrote it in notepad and copy/pasted it because the ticket window kept crashing or locking up or not letting me add more / edit. At that point I wasn't going to go through all that again to re-post the ticket with it re-written again just because it has 'colourful language'

On a further note I found these, that I'd forgotten about. My speed tests :x

Date Speed Achieved (kbps)
30-10-2005 22:09:28 1543.6
30-10-2005 21:38:27 644.2
30-10-2005 21:36:31 462.7
30-10-2005 21:00:23 869
30-10-2005 20:05:49 762.9
30-10-2005 19:59:45 922.4
30-10-2005 19:58:57 1038.1
12-09-2005 18:25:38 1734.4
12-09-2005 18:24:51 1604.5
12-09-2005 14:26:51 1826.2
12-09-2005 14:25:43 1463.6
25-05-2005 04:25:07 1490.9
24-05-2005 20:21:55 1157.3
23-05-2005 21:31:09 872.4
23-05-2005 21:27:16 658.4
23-05-2005 21:26:27 918.1
21-05-2005 17:58:35 1918.2
03-05-2005 22:44:54 593.5
24-04-2005 22:13:17 1911
24-04-2005 21:07:01 1590.4

An apparent 2.2mb/s line. Thats copy and pasted straight from tests I've done via plusnet. Make what you like of it.
N/A

I really can't understand what is going on here. Surely PlusNet should actually take into account that most posts on here are cusomters not very happy! How can they not see thisHuh Are they Dave Blunkett?Huh
N/A

Unlike Mr. Blunkett, however, PlusNet can't simply kick it all in when they've had enough.

Getting back on topic, I've been with PN for ~3 weeks, and the service so far has been near-flawless - the only complaint I have is that the DNS packs in sometimes, but a quick reset of the router fixes that.

At the end of the day, PN are a business, and should not have to put up with "colourful" language. You may feel like it's emphasising your point, but in the end it just makes you look silly, especially when complaining to a business.

Had you had put your dislike for PN's service in a professional manner, I'm sure they would have dealt with you post-haste.

-Paul
N/A

unit84 i think you should apply for PN CS or perhaps even a moderator on here....you sound just like them.
Cheesy
N/A

I accept that they are a proffessional business, and to be professional like to their customers. I am myself, not so to speak, a proffessional. I am just a user. I request help in the way I speak, the way I type. Had I phoned them they would have recieved probably similar treatment. However I opted not to phone them because of that.

Had the first 'query' gone through. Or had it not locked up halfway through ( or the net not dropped ) they would have received a polite 'query.'

After several attempts as I stated I was frustrated and thats how it ended up, I cut to the chase.

In retro-spect Yes it was over the top, but at the same time it expresses the frustration I had whilst trying to write the damn thing let alone the previous and current events that have / are happening with +net.
N/A

2Mb service

Hmm very interesting.

I used to get dreadful p2p speeds on my router, but i have reverted back to a rubbish usb modem and off peak i get great speeds. Not to bad peak time either!If your router supports upnp then you r ok, if not then start learning NAT and port forwarding!

I do not really have any problems with plusnet - I just hate the fact they do not EVER reply in a topic like this!
N/A

to mcgod:

I'd very very interested to know if you get realistic speeds using eMule. I have a router, and my torrent speeds seem to be almost acceptable, but my eMule has gone down the pan recently.

I do understand the principles behind port forwarding, and have all the relevant ports open, and I've even put myself in the DMZ to see if that is the problem. It wasn't.

Can you, using your USB modem achieve steady eMule download and upload speeds?
N/A

Even in a more polite form the only question asked is “What has recently gone wrong with your service?”

And the likely reply would be:
Nothing that we know of, we are sorry to hear you have suffered problems over the last few months and find so many things un-acceptable, please bear with us as things will improve.

I do believe that to answer a ticket, questions need to be asked.
A complaint however justified, is a statement, it would need to end with a question, and possibly an acceptable remedy, otherwise it is just a complaint and the recipient has no question to answer.

Having read and re-read maybe 10 direct questions for an agent to answer.

Okay first question for PlusNet is. What has recently gone wrong with your service?

I feel the FUP was a better way forward than the present route, may we see a U turn?

Is there any chance of PlusNet undertaking, not to wipe clean the CGI server again?

Why were new members given 2mb connections before existing customers?

Due to recent throttling, downloads are much slower, should your customers not of been made aware of why this is happening, rather than them hunt out the reasons?

Can anything be done about slow ping times, this adversely affects gamers like my self?

Was there any reason for no Internet connection between 6.30 and 7.00 this morning?

Is there any reason for DNS problems earlier this evening?

So many problems now, could some of the 2006 promises be bought forward?

If these problems are not addressed I may opt to move to another ISP.
N/A

Is ok guys we must be the 1% of the customers PN dont want. 250,000 customers or whatever and only 1% bugger it up for the rest...Dont think so...
N/A

Even in a more polite form the only question asked is “What has recently gone wrong with your service?”

And the likely reply would be:
Nothing that we know of, we are sorry to hear you have suffered problems over the last few months and find so many things un-acceptable, please bear with us as things will improve.

I do believe that to answer a ticket, questions need to be asked.
A complaint however justified, is a statement, it would need to end with a question, and possibly an acceptable remedy, otherwise it is just a complaint and the recipient has no question to answer.

Having read and re-read maybe 10 direct questions for an agent to answer.

Okay first question for PlusNet is. What has recently gone wrong with your service?

I feel the FUP was a better way forward than the present route, may we see a U turn?

Is there any chance of PlusNet undertaking, not to wipe clean the CGI server again?

Why were new members given 2mb connections before existing customers?

Due to recent throttling, downloads are much slower, should your customers not of been made aware of why this is happening, rather than them hunt out the reasons?

Can anything be done about slow ping times, this adversely affects gamers like my self?

Was there any reason for no Internet connection between 6.30 and 7.00 this morning?

Is there any reason for DNS problems earlier this evening?

So many problems now, could some of the 2006 promises be bought forward?

If these problems are not addressed I may opt to move to another ISP.

Thanks, think you summed most of the points up nicely there. Smiley