cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sick to death of this

N/A

Sick to death of this

I feel 100% miffed when my billing email says 'Business Premier - Up to 8MB' and im sat at a farty 2MB. 79 quid for that.

PlusNet must be worrying about this, because they may well loose customers like myself. Im not waiting much longer for this 8MB itd be less hassle to contract a fibre-link to the backbone Tongue

Any other business users in the same boat and incuring overheads they don't need?
10 REPLIES
N/A

Sick to death of this

You *can* downgrade to the Up to 2Mbit for nowt, remember. Save you lots of money, and upgrade to 8Mbit when it becomes available next year for 15 quid.
N/A

Sick to death of this

It's absolutely shocking that they are selling (and taking money) for a product that does not exist!
N/A

Sick to death of this

actually, ur gettin several more benifits for "up to 8mbit"
And being an "up to 8mbit" technically it does exist. (with its fair or not is a different matter) that means u can be on that product and only have 1mbit even when 8 is availible (maybe ones line cant support it for example)

Certainly the only benifits are the increased SUP limits for the moment. Later on higher speed connections will be another benifit
N/A

Sick to death of this

Dont you think its just a cunning ploy to suck more money from you?
8 meg is slow 24 meg is on the horizon, wakey wakey people
N/A

Sick to death of this

8 meg is slow compared to 24 meg but:

a) why do "most people" (and I stress "most people") need 24Mb broadband? (is the idea here you'll be watching 4 high definition TV channels simultaneously across your broadband link or something?)
b) how fast do you think 24Mb broadband will actually be once "most people" have it? I would think, on average, a lot less than this.

I'm glad I have 60dB line attentuation where I am. Means ADSL2+ (24Mb) is not even an option for me so, I can ride on the 8Mb vary speed stuff when it starts and watch everyone else fling themselves at providers like Be and, in the process of doing so, watch the out come of such "mass migrations" as the next chapter of "Need4Speedy UK Broadband" unfolds Smiley
N/A

Sick to death of this

Certainly the only benifits are the increased SUP limits for the moment

The SUP, as recently defined, doesnt apply to business accounts, though they are still subject to the T&C's.
N/A

Sick to death of this

If you are paying so much money why dont you leave this sinking ship and go find a better ISP?
N/A

Sick to death of this

8 meg is slow compared to 24 meg but:

a) why do "most people" (and I stress "most people") need 24Mb broadband?

50/24 is far better than 50/8
N/A

Sick to death of this

You mean 24/50 is better than 8/50 ? (ie. the lowest speed you could obtain on a 50:1 contended 8Mb connection is 0.16Mb and the lowest on a 50:1 contended 24Mb connection is 0.48Mb). The infrastructure of the supporting ISP still comes into the equation though so I wonder just how many ADSL broadband providers are up for this jump yet. NTL are going (or have gone) live with a 10Mb service and there has been doubts as to how fast that will actually be for people due to limitations within their own network.

A valid point none the less Smiley
N/A

Sick to death of this

My theory in staying put at the insanly high price for 2MB is that as a business customer i will have preferential treatment with regards to upgrades. Although i see no evidence of this yet lol

Its a pain in the arse trade off:

do i, stay put and be happy when 8MB comes through ...
OR move to a higher speed/contention with another service provides due to
my business needs.

Because my business is dependant on my connection in many ways, its a case of not risking business stability by changing provider/package. The price is not the main issue, i just worry other BUSINESS users have been pushed down the same cul-de-sac and cannot risk communication problems with a changeover.