cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should we not be kept informed of progress on MaxDSL upgrade

N/A

It's now a long time since my acknowledgement from PlusNet of the Q Jump, but no sign of an upgrade from a stable 2MB. It may be that my order has been placed and not actioned by BT. It may be the order has not been placed, and I have been caught by the removal of the bulk upgrade tool. It may be..... Well all sorts, but wouldn't it be nice if we were given some idea of what progress if any there has been?
10 REPLIES
N/A

plus.net don't like to communicate - it's their own little way of doing customer service.

The CSC agents can't even agree between themselves if I've been changed to LLU (against my wishes) or I'm on Max with a stable rate that hasn't been updated.
N/A

Communicate

I am sure any company would like to communicate with its customers. Why would they not want to do so? That's the easiest way of losing business.

No, the question is whether or not they are prepared to give the resources to communicating? There must be a system of follow-up - after sending me an e-mail informing me I was in the queue, or after LLUing you, or after doing anything like that to an account, it's not rocket science to build in a message telling the customer what progress has been made.

We all get a message every month telling us a direct debit is being deducted from our bank accounts. We even get one telling us (again) how many people we have referred, and what the discount is. So why not a message saying "Sorry, your upgrade has been held up due to ....... and we will get in touch with you again on ....... to let you know how long we expect the delay to last."

As I say, it should not be too hard, should it?
N/A

Hi there,

fairdinkum, I think, is being a little harsh to be honest.

PlusNet are very fond of communicating with customers and in normal circumstances put a hell of a lot of effort into communicating with the userbase by various means.

There are few ISP's who engage with customers and potential customers in such a range of forums and mediums.

The difficulty at the minute is, that they just arent doing a very good job of communicating right now. This is due to a number of issues which are well documented on these boards.

So whilst things are not ideal right now, I have no doubt that PN will get back to the levels of interaction and communication most of has have become used to.
N/A

So whilst things are not ideal right now, I have no doubt that PN will get back to the levels of interaction and communication most of has have become used to.

The eternal Plusnet optimist....... :lol:
aetos
Grafter

How long is it going to take to upgrade customers to Max DSL?
How long is a peice of string?

For each day the BT bulk regrade facility is out of action, one day is added to time it will take to move customers over.

From PN CS

MArk
N/A

A piece of string

I certainly sympathise with the difficulty and agree that communication is normally good. But having received a message from the Queue Jump (which I regret PN instituted in the first place, because it introduced unfairness when the policy had already been clearly stated) I'd just like to know whether or not my account had actually been submitted to BT before the plug was pulled.

After all this time, I suspect it missed the cut. But I don't think it's too much to expect a follow up message from PN to inform me.
N/A

The difficulty at the minute is, that they just arent doing a very good job of communicating right now. This is due to a number of issues which are well documented on these boards

A phrase so commonly used these past 12 months, at least Wink
N/A

Re: Should we not be kept informed of progress on MaxDSL upg

I got another email this morning from Plus's Ms. Axe (regarding neutron bombs in Iraq -or something).

I've had more unwanted emails from Plus in 13 months than over 10 years with all my other ISPs put together.

Yes, I do feel like I'm a better individual and that I've found my place in the wider ISP information-world but I feel these non-stop informercial emails restate the negativeness of the universe. The hideous lonely emptiness of existence. Nothingness. The predicament of Man forced to live in a barren, Godless eternity like a tiny flame flickering in an immense void with nothing but waste, horror and degradation, forming a useless bleak straitjacket in a black absurd cosmos.

So, no.
N/A

^^ Lyrical if nothing else Smiley ^^

Thanks. That made me smile.
N/A

I have a dream

I have a dream today!

I have a dream that one day, down in PlusNet, with its broken upgrade tool, with its staff having his lips dripping with the words of "BRAS" and "stable speed" -- one day right there in PlusNet little boys and girls will be able to join hands with little boys and girls as happy and contented customers.

I have a dream today!

I have a dream that one day every one shall be on 8MB, and every hill and mountain shall be made low, the rough places will be made plain, and the crooked places will be made straight; every customer shall be satisfied and know what is going on.

This is our hope, and this is the faith that I go back to my 2MB link with.