cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should plus.net reduce thier prices since the reform???

N/A

I find it hard to believe that despite all that has gone on over the last few months, the forums overflowing with complaints, the constant disconnections, the download speeds being abysmal for many, that there are still some who have the gall to come on these forums defend Plus.net and say they are happy with the service.

If you are happy paying the same price for a downgraded inferior product that’s significantly different to what you initially agreed to, then I’m sorry for you.

I had no problems with Plus.net until asking for a MAC code, as have many others. The reason I asked for a MAC was that I felt disappointed by the constant goalpost moving that Plus.net have done.

Since my MAC request, things have gone from bad to worse.

But hey, if you’re happy…

J
21 REPLIES
Alecto
Grafter

Re: Sould plus.net reduce thier prices since the reform???

there are still some who have the Gaul to come on these forums defend Plus.net and say they are happy with the service.

And I'm one of them, and there's no gall involved as my service is actually fine.

If we're naming our own price in this thread though, I vote for £5 a month with unlimited transfer and 32Mb.
N/A

there are still some who have the Gaul to ...

Is this the first time that ancient France has been mentioned on these forums?

Ref: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaul
N/A

LOL

Sorry about my spelling, edited correctly now...

LOL

J
N/A

If you are happy paying the same price for a downgraded inferior product that’s significantly different to what you initially agreed to, then I’m sorry for you.

what you have got to understand is that not everybody feels that they are paying the same price for a downgraded inferior product that’s significantly different to what they initially agreed to, you said youself " i had no problems with Plus.net until asking for a MAC code" so you can't chastise people for thinking that they are getting value for money.
in my opinion i would rather pay a little more if it ment PN could invest more in their network, ie lighting a few more segments
N/A

Its not a case of people defending PN.
Its a case of that people are speaking from their own experiences and by what they have witnessed.
How could any customer state that they are unhappy with their service, if all they do is browse the web, read emails and use chat rooms, and all of this working normally.
How can that customer then say that they are unahppy with the download speeds they are getting from plusnet?
They cant. Every customer on here is (or at least I hope) speaking from his or her own experience and for the service they are receiving not that of others.
Community Veteran

No, can I respectfully suggest that you look into the cost of ADSL provision.

Before we start £8 goes to BT.
Then PN have to pay for the centrals at 1.4million a year each.
Then admin costs for setting up new accounts etc.
Then the cost of the CSC.
and don't forget to add mail and webspace into the equation.

Plusnet are a business at the end of the day they can charge what they like and change their products when they like. The recent changes in terms and conditions gave those who are unhappy with the service as it has become an opportunity to escape. Those who didn't were taken to agree with the new terms and as such the product as it has become.

If you are going to pull the unlimited card on me I will say this - Plusnet did for a period advertise the product as unlimited.

I belive this probably reffered to the amount of time spent online as opposed to how much was downloaded, when the product had the SUP placed on it people reffered back to the previous selling of the product and claimed quite rightly that a unlimited product was now limited.

However it has always said in the terms and conditions that you must not use the connection to the detriment of other users - therefore has it ever been an unlimited product in terms of download...
Alecto
Grafter

Tiscali are advertising at this very moment as "Unlimited", written in big coloured letters.

I wonder why all the malcontents don't go there?
Community Veteran

Maybe because they have a 30GB FUP?
N/A

I'm Happy, I migrated across from AOL about 6 weeks ago. Yes I pay £5 a month more then I did at AOL but I also get more for my money. I needed a business class service that offerd a domain name and webspace, I get 1meg (thats the fastest my line will allow) service that is a 5th faster then I was getting with AOL, the line does not drop as often and things run alot more smoothly, so why should i not be happy! I dont use massive amounts of bandwidth, roughly 4gb a month, so why should my service be effected by others who use massive amounts of bandwidth? There are other ISP's out there but then there are lots of people complaining about those as well. I know people who are wih BT who have problems, as well as AOL and Tiscali. If you find a perfect ISP then I bet you would make alot of money by selling their name to others.
N/A

Well, I originally signed up for a 1Mbit/sec connection at £29.99 per month, and PlusNet then allowed me to regrade for free to a 2Mbit/sec connection for £21.99 per month. I was quite pleased with that.

My connection behaves exactly as I would expect an ADSL connection to behave. Overall, I haven't had many problems with my connection, and whenever I've raised a ticket it has been responded to, and dealt with within a few hours.

I don't find it a bad service.
N/A

I didn't find the service BAD, until i decided to ask for my MAC code. Then things went pearshaped.

J
N/A

Maybe because they have a 30GB FUP?

Yeah I just had a look at them. Apparently they manage on any heavy peak time usage.

I think most mainstream cheapies are going to head this way in the aim of achieving market share without loss of simple browsing.

I think I saw something on ADSL guide that said NTL may be heading the way of usage policy. Seems to be something that happens abroad as well.

Meh.
Community Veteran

ah NTL, it's thanks to them plusnet got our business! They didn't install the service and tried to bill us!
N/A

My mate loves his NTL but there is always something about them which screams NO!!! to me