cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should Plusnet's directors be worried?

Community Veteran

NO

Plus.Net’s customer satisfaction and speeds may well be falling on ADSL Guide.

But their share price is still rising.
http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=PNT.L&t=2y&l=on&z=m&q=l&c=
Some 3 times in 18 months. WoW now that what I call return on investment.

See Plus.Net are no longer targeting the typical ADSL Guide user, as they are no longer the most profitable. They are now targeting the newbe, the grey suffer, those who are happy to pay £15 per month and only download 1GB of data.

They are no longer interest in the Geek, the Gamer, or the Music Pirate. These users demand a service for the money.

So should Plusnet's directors be worried?

NO

But their customers should be, not because Plus.Net is any worse that any other ISP, but because they are becoming as bad as them. It’s a trend across the whole industry that is being pushed by cost and the marketing of lower price products that devalue internet service provision.

Do people really choose an ISP because they offer broadband for £9.99 per month for the first two months, and not look at the cost beyond? Or because of a review on ADSL guide.

Sorry just my two penny worth, my only wish is that I had bought Plus.Net shares when they floated.

Chilly
3 REPLIES
N/A

coming from bulldog i can see the same things happening here that made me leave from there, allthough to be fair PN answer the phones a lot quicker.

going to start counting now till this thread gets locked for being argumentative Wink
Community Veteran

I have reposted my comments on “Jagger” new thread.
Please can we keep further postings in a single place;
http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?p=267819#267819

Chilly
Community Veteran

Locked as per Chilly's request.

Chris