Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I cancel my standing order ?

Metalguru
Grafter

Well, I've had enough and am moving on.

I've sent the "Contact Us" message, but I don't need a MAC, cos I'm now on cable.

Anyway ........... advice please.

Should I cancel my standing order now, or will that result is a threat of a visit from the +net heavies ?

What I really wanna know is .................... Do I pay for my service a month in advance, or in arrears ? (after I have enjoyed the amazing +net experience).
182 REPLIES
Community Veteran

You pay in advance. No you shouldnt cancel your direct debit until all payments have been made any any refunds due back are given. They are within thier rights as per the terms and conditions to require 30 days notice.

Chris
Metalguru
Grafter

I don't owe them anything.

Joined over a year ago and I use all my own kit.

So why not just cancel the S/O ?
N/A

This advise carries no warranty or guarantees whatsoever Smiley (that sounds familiar)

You pay in advance, and with a 30 day notice period. So PlusNet will probably want another months payment, then you get refunded the difference back to when the 30 days notice ended.

But, hey, what do I know?
ceridwen
Grafter

This advise carries no warranty or guarantees whatsoever Smiley (that sounds familiar)

Ditto.

I suppose you could cancel your direct debit and send PN a cheque (registered post) for any outstanding charges for use of the service during the 30 day notice period.

That way or don't have to wait for any refunds, and PN can't claim that you are withholding any monies due to them.

Matthew
N/A

Ditto.

I suppose you could cancel your direct debit and send PN a cheque (registered post) for any outstanding charges for use of the service during the 30 day notice period.

In the T&C you agree to pay monthly, wouldn't want to compromise the T&C would you? (there's that familiarity again) Smiley
Metalguru
Grafter

But why should I pay for a connection I now no longer use.

I'm now on cable.
Ben_Brown
Grafter

You pay for the connection in advance on a month by month basis. We also need 30 days notice to cancel the account. If your billing date falls in these 30 days, payment will be taken and the contract is renewed for another month.

The only time we refund people for time that has not been used is if they have rejected the recent change in the T&C's.
LiamM
Grafter

I thought everyone was refunded for money outside the 30 days? So they only pay up to the 30th day notice.
Metalguru
Grafter

But I don't need a MAC.

Your quite welcome to end the connection ASAP.
Ben_Brown
Grafter

No, that's only people who have rejected the T&C's. Remember that the contract is monthly and is renewed upon payment, so when the last payment is taken the contract is renewed for another month.
LiamM
Grafter

Whether or not you need a MAC is by the by. You definately pay for the next 30 days, because you agree to give them 30 days notice of your intention to leave. Whether you leave within this period or not doesn't make any difference, you still pay.

I thought that you are refunded for the monies over this 30 day period, but Ben contradicts that thought. Perhaps some clarity would be nice?

Certainly I can't see how they're allowed to have you pay for service outside the 30 days notice. Fair enough you have to give and pay for 30 days notice, but surely they cant charge you for after this?
Metalguru
Grafter

Can you point me to the T&C that say that please ?
Ben_Brown
Grafter

Paragraph 23.2:

If we give you notice, you must pay the Charges applicable up to the end of that notice. If you give us notice, you must pay us the Charges that would have been due within the notice period.
Metalguru
Grafter

I asked for the link because I couldn't find that in the new T&C's ..........
though I recall seeing that sort of thing in the old ones.