cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shocking speeds

Walneyite
Dabbler

Shocking speeds

I've just done a BT speed test as I get a max of 2mb or less download speed even though I have a sync of over 7500 everytime. Also since the start of march I've not managed to stay connected to the internet for more than 12 hours at a time. This results in me playing musical gateways, these inturn give some really different speed results

Here are my connection results:

IP profile for your line is - 6000 kbps
DSL connection rate: 832 kbps(UP-STREAM) 7616 kbps(DOWN-STREAM)
Actual IP throughput achieved during the test was - 1899 kbps

I would log a call with support but they blame anything from BT and the exchange down to the street lights coming on

Anyone got any ideas or is it time to leave?
9 REPLIES
N/A

Shocking speeds

which product are you on and what is your current Peak usage?
Walneyite
Dabbler

Shocking speeds

I'm on 7gb so far this month and I've premier option 1
N/A

Shocking speeds

I'm on 7gb so far this month and I've premier option 1

Rules out management, PN should be able to tell you if you have had any router "blips" which would reduce your speed temporarily for up to three days or so. Other than that your stats do suggest that you are substancially down on the speed you should be receiving.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Shocking speeds

Hi,

I've made a change to your account which should correct the speed problem, you may need to disconnect and reconnect for the change to take effect.

Regarding the disconnection problem does your modem/router lose sync? If so, I'd suggest taking a read through the following to see if anything helps:

http://usertools.plus.net/tutorials/id/13
Walneyite
Dabbler

Shocking speeds

OK... the speed has been sorted out... got an extra 500k last night and speeds jumped to 5800 this morning when I test it....

Just need to get to the bottom of the disconnects... Was reconnected this morning about 7:05 and again just now at 18:44... when can I expect to get a service that doesn't mean I get kicked every 12 hours or lessHuh?

Plusnet have claimed many times it's me requested the reset... For the record I have updated the firmware with the same verion 3 time and each time reverted back to the factory defaults leaving me an hours work to put back in the firewall rules and NAT'ing I have
Community Veteran

Shocking speeds

Hi there.

I have had a look through the radius logs for your account.

You had a disconnect this morning at 06.19 and one again this evening at 18.19.This was followed by a series of disconnects right up to 18.55.

Looking back on your logs for the last couple of months, this issue would only seem to have started on or around 16 March at 13.31.

On each occasion the disconnect is logged as User Request.

As you are not losing synch, I would suggest that this is down to a time out setting in your hardware ( though the randomness of this would maybe rule that out)or that your router is on the blink ( revised firmware or not). The disconnects are not being initiated on our side.

Would it be possible for you to test with alternative hardware?

Sorry that i cant pin this down any tighter but a test with alternative hardware would certainly be a step in the right direction.
Community Veteran

Shocking speeds

Just out of curiosity, what make and model of router are you using?
Walneyite
Dabbler

Shocking speeds

I caught the last one as it happened and I am loosing sync with the Exchange. This could well be the case each time... but on reconnect the SNR is the same and so is the speed at which I connect back up again....

I'm not alone in this, I have friend 35 miles away and we seem to disconnect within 5 mins of each other... and he to is a plusnet customer. Last time this happened I was called by BT and they sorted it... but it looks like a temp fix.

Also before I get asked my spliter is in the master socket with my Dect phone and adsl link using this... I have no other phone sockets in the house.
Community Veteran

Shocking speeds

Cheers for that.

If you are indeed losing synch then, can I ask you to raise a fault via faults.plus.net and we'll get it investigated for you.

Unfortunately we'll have to ask you what you had for your dinner Tongue BT wont accept the fault escalation if we dont get answers to the standard questions. I know its a pain but it is a necessary evil.

Let me know the ticket ID when you raise it and we'll get it actioned.