cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shocking service

N/A

Shocking service

I have had my Plus net up (I use the term loosely) for around 3 weeks now. It is constantly dropping the connection. The broadband checker is no good for this because it only works IF YOU CAN CONNECT TO THE WEB. It disconnects for hours at a time and I have got to the stage of using the net when the service allows me to!!!!!

I am using a D Link wireless router and I also have the USB router supplied (Dont use it though) and I also have a spare Billion Wireless router (To check to see if the router is a t fault) I have tried all three and the same problem still exists.

My neighbour has 2Mb broadband with another supplier and we use the same exchange and he does not have connection issues with his.

Come on Plus Net sort it out !!!!!
22 REPLIES
N/A

Shocking service

How about adding a option if you connection does not drop!
N/A

Shocking service

Hi there and welcome to the forums.

When your service disconnects, does your ADSL / Link light on your router/modem go out, stay steady or flash?

Disconnects are rare and are seldom the fault of the ISP.
N/A

Shocking service

My connection rarely drops. Its normally only when they have scheduled maintenance or BT are doing something at the exchange. Rock solid otherwise.
LiamM
Grafter

Shocking service

Connection dropped never...
N/A

Shocking service

My ADSL light goes out completely!!! Then occassionaly (random) it flashes then goes out. When I have a connection though it is solid.
N/A

Shocking service

Never dropped
N/A

Shocking service

Hi there,

This is not Plus Nets fault but more likely an issue with your internal wiring, filters or line.

Have a read at This helpful tutorial which should allow you to check and identify the source of any internal issues.

The Trouble Shooting Guide may also be of help.

post back and let us know how you get on.
holdtight
Grafter

Shocking service

If we can have a "Never Drops" option added to the poll i can vote Cheesy

I would also say that it sounds like an internal and /or BT fault rather it being plusnets doing which is very unlikely

Im not trying to stick up for plusnet by any means before you jump on me its just how it would appear and would be the first thing i would check if it were my problem
N/A

Shocking service

If we can have a "Never Drops" option added to the poll i can vote

Agreed. It might be an idea to either remove the poll or add a Never option.

As it stands, the poll is not really relevant and is certainly not objective.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Shocking service

Could you add a "only when I turn the modem off" option, then I'll vote.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
N/A

Shocking service

I think like most here my connection has never dropped.

It has dropped when BT decided to mess on with our exchange and pulled the card I was on out Evil !!! But I cant see this as classing as a drop out really.

This may sound completely daft I know, but its something I would ask anyway. Are you using your master socket ( or tried ) the one behind the face plate ( incase the face is faulty, although this too is rare ) and have you checked your extension ( if used ) for any breaks ( ie replaced it to rule out a possible faulty extension ).

Like I said sounds daft I know, but you would be surprised at how iffy these things can get when they have PMT :lol: .

Regards,
N/A

Shocking service

Anyone know how to change the poll?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Shocking service

If you are going to change the poll you need to make sure it allows for BB+ which is designed to drop after a period of non-use.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
N/A

Shocking service

Some people may argue that being forced by, what is in their opinion, the worst ISP in Britain to use your limited amount of available bandwidth during the late hours of the night into the early hours of the morning, is alone a despicable enough practice. Frequently waking up to find out that their connection was dropped during the night, makes, what is in their opinion, the worst ISP in Britain a pretty useless service, to the point were some people may allege the service is a fraud / theft enforced by way of ransom.

Personally, I haven't much to say on the matter right now. Smiley