cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share price......dropping like a stone

N/A

Linky

10% almost of the companies value gone just today....better get the 50p per minute phone line up and running guys!

[Moderator's note by Tom (tomspcs) : Shortened your link for you as it was stretching the page and started to bug me.]
38 REPLIES
JonathanW
Grafter

Most of this is down to the recent announcement by Carphone Warehouse, and looking at it today things seem to be stable for the time being. But I'd expect more changes over the coming weeks as the big players start dealing with things like Carphone Warehouse and the Sky/Easynet offering once they get this announced.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

If you look at the volume of trades, things look far from stable.

Linky
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
N/A

Bearing iin mind that for 20.99 you get line rental, free calls, and upto 8 meg broadband and you are about to start charging for tech support how do you plan to compete with huge multi nationals like Sky and the CPW?

Looking through some of the posts on these forums there seems to be some unrest with Plusnet, some of your own staff don't appear to be singing of the same hymn sheet (I have com accross this personally)

In terms of price putting aside CPW I think that they are failry priced, the problem seems to be one of customer support and the managaing of customer expectations an example of this being the new 50p minute tech support line.
Superuser
Superuser

If you look at the volume of trades, things look far from stable.

Linky

Things aren't that bad? The price is still higher than they were 6 months ago :twisted: and only the Telegraph so far are recommending selling based on consumer disaffection.

Maurice
N/A

Wow, so someone out in share-dealing land has noticed the customer dissatisfaction. Perhaps if there's a bit more publicity and a continued exodus this could be the end of the honeymoon period that PlusNet have had with the stockmarket.
N/A

I think it's only the people who are desperate for the highest speed, want unlimited downloading and moan on here who are that dissatisfied. I bet 99% of customers are quite happy. I only read the forums to see the moaning :-)

Keep well,

Will
N/A

Not so, many people who are dissatisfied are like me. We don't want the highest speed, download relatively little, understand the technical and cost limitations PlusNet face and support many of their ideas.
What we don't like is the poor support, inability to communicate concistently and clearly with customers, repeated connnection problems (portal, mail, packetloss, routing issues) and general downturn in the overall service level compared to when we joined.
N/A

What we don't like is the poor support, inability to communicate concistently and clearly with customers, repeated connnection problems (portal, mail, packetloss, routing issues) and general downturn in the overall service level compared to when we joined.

Apart from that everything is rosy. Wink
N/A

I think it's only the people who are desperate for the highest speed, want unlimited downloading and moan on here who are that dissatisfied. I bet 99% of customers are quite happy. I only read the forums to see the moaning

I'm happy with 2mb but I am not happy with PN's attitude towards customers hence my leaving. I'm not prepared to put up with the inability of PN to stick to one line and follow it through to conclusion.
Superuser
Superuser

Not so, many people who are dissatisfied are like me. We don't want the highest speed, download relatively little, understand the technical and cost limitations PlusNet face and support many of their ideas.

You can count me in this category too. Currently only use 2gig per month on Premier 1, Higher speed interesting - but in my case unlikely to be > 3.5 Meg.

Planning to do much more with my connection via PlusNet - but!

Poor reports on Web Hosting.
Fragile E-mail
Poor communications (of REAL intent rather than marketing hype)
Frequent technical hitches which go unexplained
Long term unresolved 'Gaming' issues
Innefective development (cf Ellacoyas, VMBU, Account automation)

have all contributed to me 'holding fire' and maintaining my older external E-mail and web hosting?

I really would like Plusnet to turn the corner and get things right as they keep promising. I live in hope :roll:
N/A

Meanwhile, back in the City, prices are taking a slight upwards turn again Wink
N/A

the bubble has burst in the isp world again in the uk.

very tough times ahead for plusnet and, to be honest, the way the company has been run recently, they deserve it., I reiterate what I said a couple of months ago - the names plusnet won't exist within 2 years!
N/A

Just a matter of time before someone buys them out. Before they were overpriced. Now they're ready for the picking.

Sky? Wanadoo/Orange?
N/A

Only a brave person would look at buying out an ISP at the moment with so much change. Anyway, so you look at M&S shares before buying a new pair of trousers? Is it really any concern or interest to us, just a consumer of a product how, why, what or wherefor the company we are purchasing the product from conducts it business?
I purchased a KitKat the other day. No idea what Nestle share pice is.