cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shape of things to come??

N/A

I notice on the advertising banner for the Premier product that it is stated that speeds are available up to 8Mb. When you click on the link, you are then only offered up to 2Mb. Is this a mistake or has it been done in preperation for the 8 Mb product becoming available?Huh
13 REPLIES
N/A

PN trying to steal money for products that do not exist but will entitle you to a "free upgrade".

To abbreviate it............. deceit.
craigbrass
Grafter

Because they previously promised 8mb, they had to include these products aparently I was told.
N/A

if that is true what would happen if they could not keep their promise ?
craigbrass
Grafter

Aint got a clue but 8mb will be avalable in 80% of exchanges by octoberish.
N/A

Flashasp you just used the word "will".....I'd retract that if I were you, that relies on BT keeping to schedule and implementing the rollout.
craigbrass
Grafter

Well I do understand this, PlusNet are also reling on BT. BT have promised the date so if they don't stick to it, it will cost them alot of money so I am sure the deadline will be reached.
LiamM
Grafter

And even if they do... then it means the rollout of 8Mb will BEGIN at that time. It won't happen instantly. I suspect it will happen much like the bulk upgrades now, which have taken over 5 months. Therefore, this could mean that some exchanges dont get done until as late as Jan / Feb 06.

Thats my estimation anyway.
N/A

it's a shame they insist on sullying their good name by this and the way they have handled their customers on the over £22 Premiere accounts in relation to 4 and 8MB.
Community Veteran

Has every body forgotten that we were promised free regrades up to 8mb when available?
N/A

I still vivdly remember PN's promise that everyone will get "the fastest speed available" followed by a complete retraction and after ramming it down our throats about how superb it will be saying "it was not the best choice and would never have worked".
Community Veteran

Best bit is I have a ticket on my account from after the withdrawal of the FUP stating that i will get 2mb/s at no extra initial or monthly cost! Suckers.
N/A

Strange, now you mention it, I have quite a few mails saying I also will get the fastest speed available, automatically!
Don't think we should get into that argument again right now, but its defo worth hanging on to the mail - could be a nice xmas pressie (or easter, or fathers day, or american independance day (depending on BT)
N/A

or for the next milennium?