cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shameful Customer service response.

kosh2
Grafter

I am very unimpressed by the lack of responce from CS regarding a problem. I referred my fther-in-law to Plusnet as for him it would suit him fine. For whatever reason he was unable to get a ssignal. BT were called out, did some things and bounced it back to Plusnet. Plusnet did not respond to BT or my father in law for two weeks. meanwhile over the whole duration he has paid two months fees and still has no asdl connection which BT believe is Plusnet's fault by thbe way.

I wrote the following to CS on 21/4/06 and have received no response to date.

How do I make a formal compliant about the activation process?

I recommended my father in law to join plusnet. Unfortuentely getting adsl is proving problematic. BT have now visted their house and say it is a plusnet problem. Plusnet have then done something and bounced it back to BT but were very slow in this process.

My father in law wants you to stop taking money for a service he is not receiving. At least two months of money has been taken whislt havin gno adls service.

I find this appalling. Do any Plusnet staff have the courage to firstly address my compliant and then that of my father-in-law.?
48 REPLIES
James
Grafter

Hi there,

Could you be a little more specific as to what problem your father in law is actually experiencing? If you give us some details, I'll be happy to get one of my guys to have a look at it, and I'm that there will be several helpful people in here happy to help.
kosh2
Grafter

I cannot be more specific as my father-in-law is in the Midlands and I am not. All I know is that origianlly (when he tried to join E7even) the router would not sych with the line. The adsl light flashed all the time. (I did test the router down here and it worked. BT came in, said they were a long way from the exchange so only get 512K, did something I do not know about and bouced the prob back to Plusnet. My fther-in-law has spoken to someone called Neil, who works above CS (that is all I know) and found out that Plusnet tried to bouce it back to BT but delayed this by aweek. Meantime he has paid two months subscription.

he is now at teh point of complaining and has already contacted Oftel so I am afriad it is at that stage.

I am sure I can get his username if that helps. Or I can PM his home number to you if that helps.

My sub compliant is the lack of response to my contact to CS.
James
Grafter

Sure,

Ideally if you could email me his username and ticket number, I'll then be able to get one of my guys to deal with it for you.
Community Veteran

I did test the router down here and it worked..

Please do not take this comment the wrong way.

When you tested the router, you entered YOUR account details (andre02@plusdsl.net). Now have the details for THEIR account been set in the router?

SW.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
kosh2
Grafter

Good idea. appreciated but I have definitely confirmed the correct details are in him router.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

When you tested the router, you entered YOUR account details (andre02@plusdsl.net). Now have the details for THEIR account been set in the router?

If they are both on the same login domain I think he would have got a connection. The full login name is not tied to the line, only the domain.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
kosh2
Grafter

james - back to you.

Following our private message. I have now talked the in-law through rebooting everything, including setting the router back to factory default and reentering his details.

The ADSL light is still flashing on the router. Though he did say it flashed in a different way!!! Whatever that meant. So clearly it is no synching with the network.

The BT engineer who had come out on saturday was skeptical they could even get ADSL at 9 km form exchange but surely that would have been realised before hand.

Meantime they should be refunded the two months fees of a service they are not using.
JonathanW
Grafter

If this is a problem with synch, then whatever login details are set in the router shouldn't have any effect on it.

With regards to the billing, as this has been going on since the line has been activated, it is most likely that we'll be able to claim the money back from BT, and then pass this on to the account holder.

Though unfortunately, this does appear to be an ongoing issue, as I've just bounced the fault back to BT so that they can investigate further.
kosh2
Grafter

Thanks for bouncing back to BT.

I do think someone should action the refund asap. Can you forward this to the relevent department which I guess is shut until 9am tomorrow?
N/A

I'm pretty sure I can enter any of my referrals' info from my phone number and I can connect to Plus.
N/A

With regards to the billing, as this has been going on since the line has been activated, it is most likely that we'll be able to claim the money back from BT, and then pass this on to the account holder.

Jon,
I think I could very well have missed something in the past but hey better late than never.
Why is it that if any sort of refund is to be made a customer needs to wait for you to get a refund from BT first before they will see anything in the way of a refund? Afterall our contracts are with Plusnet and not with BT. Plusnet at my last count were worth some 80 Million pounds and so shouldnt have any worries about a few quid. I think this is another one of those situations where by the policy in place is one that can certainly help contribute soo much towards a persons discomfort or displeasure.

Regards,
N/A

Why is it that if any sort of refund is to be made a customer needs to wait for you to get a refund from BT first before they will see anything in the way of a refund? Afterall our contracts are with Plusnet and not with BT. Plusnet at my last count were worth some 80 Million pounds and so shouldnt have any worries about a few quid. I think this is another one of those situations where by the policy in place is one that can certainly help contribute soo much towards a persons discomfort or displeasure.

I'm pretty sure that the "policy" is, never has been, and never would be, legal!! My/your/everyone's contract (paper, or assumed) *IS* with PlusNet, no-one else. Whom PlusNet *CHOOSE* to deal with and have contracts with us up to them, just like it is up to you or me to change our ISP. What isn't, and AFAIK never has been open to debate, is that if any refund/service issue whatever is to be paid it is the responsibility of the person who "sold" you those goods to either argue their case, or offer a suitable replacemnt or a refund. It matters not (again, AFAIK) whether it is a kettle you have bought, a car or a service from an ISP and I have yet to hear anyone on here (mods, other customers, or PN) prove otherwise..............

So, YES, legally PN should refund you then get THEIR money back from the company that THEY have THEIR contract with :-)
James
Grafter

Hi there,

It's a long way from being an ideal situation, but it is defintely legal, otherwise we would have been taken to court a number of times before Smiley

We offer a service which carries zero service level agreements. The reason why we do this is becuase BT offer us none. Now, if they were to offer us service level agreements, we would obviously pass these on to our customers. However, we would be charged more and as such, would have to charge our customers more. Would you be happy to pay an extra £10-20 per month more, just so that you would be able to get a refund if something went wrong? I'd have guessed not.

Sad as it sounds, that's how these things work, and no changes to this agreement are likely in the future.
Community Veteran

It's a long way from being an ideal situation, but it is defintely legal, otherwise we would have been taken to court a number of times before ...

Sorry, but the Sales of Goods and Services Act is a statutory right, it means regardless of any weasel words offered are meaningless. Only a lawyer would state otherwise.

PN offer a service, a consumer has statutory rights given to them. Sadly even Trading Standards do not have full knowledge of the power a consumer has given to them by this Act.

The first thing to do though, is exchange letters with PN and follow thier internal complaints process, and give them reasonable time to reply ... you need to have written evidence a court would require?

Imagine you take a pair of jeans back to a shop for a refund, sorry Sir can not give you a refund till Levi's give us the money back. When did you last hear thart happen ....

SW.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed