cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Severe LAG on Medieval II:Total War games through Gamespy

N/A

I hope you can help me guys, here's my problem:-

Every MII:TW game I play through Gamespy experiences quite severe lag. the best wey to describe it is that the game draws a few frames, then pauses for a quarter of a second and then draws a few more frames etc.

I know it's not my comp as it's easily powerful enough. Playing across a local LAN works fine. I have played against players that are fine when playing other people. i have also tried it on both my main Vista install and my XP partition. Nothings cures it.

I have tried to set up a Hamachi VPN on port 10000 to try to rule out plus Nets traffic shaping but we the players on the VPN couldn't see each other in the game lobby.

I'm lost as to where to go next and enjoy this great game with my friends online.

Any suggestions will be greaty appreciated.
24 REPLIES
N/A

Still as bad as ever last night so I've requested interleaving to be turned off. Lets see what effect that has.
James
Grafter

Got a ticket ID?

May well be a case of our incorrectly specifying the game you're playing.
N/A

I haven't raised a ticket yet - not sure it was worth it. I will however raise one - what info shall I collect to aid you in you diagnosis?
James
Grafter

- Name of the game
- The servers you use
- Port numbers that the game uses.

Would be very helpful, thanks. Smiley
Community Veteran

Still as bad as ever last night so I've requested interleaving to be turned off. Lets see what effect that has.

It will have little affect.

It will be the Ellanoya not setting the priority correctly for that game. Has the problem only recently happened or gotten worse? What account are you on?

SW.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
N/A

It will be the Ellanoya not setting the priority correctly for that game. Has the problem only recently happened or gotten worse? What account are you on?

Thought it might be. It's a new game so it's always been that way and I'm on £22.99 Premier account.

James - thanks for the info - I'll raise a ticket now.
James
Grafter

Thanks, I'll get it passed through to Networks.
N/A

Thanks James - ticked raised - ID 20928479
James
Grafter

Great.

I've passed that on now.
Community Veteran

I wish you luck on this, ticket 20240771 shows issues I have had since September 7th and the Ellanoya's.

SW.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
Firejack
Grafter

Make sure this gets top priority James. I'm getting Medieval 2 for Christmas and intend to butcher Amiga's archers with my calvary after Christmas dinner :twisted:
James
Grafter

Makes me wonder how many people will be in hospital on Monday and Tuesday with Wii inflicted ailments...
N/A

Quick update on this:--

Interleaving has been switched off today and has made a very slight improvement. Whilst I would still class the game as unplayable online, the slight improvement does seem to suggest it is a connection related issue.

I also re-installed Rome:Total War and played that online - it was silky smooth but I know that game uses different ports.

Also, just to emphasise, it's not a hardware issue - an FX60 @ 3.2ghz, 4gb of ram and twin X1950XTX's are just above the minimum to play MII:TW at a decent framerate.

</puts e-penis away>
suec45
Grafter

Make a ticket.

I had ping problems with Il2 Sturmovik, it was fixed in a couple of day sof raising a ticket.

Check your game pings to make sure its not just a driver issue or something similar.

Lag/net issues dont usually affect your framerate.