cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting Up Outlook Express

N/A

Can anyone help ? I have sucessfully set up outlook with my default postmaster email address however i have made a new email address that starts with craig instead of postmaster. I have put in all the settings that i used on the fist email address and set the new one as default but i am not receiving any mail. Anyone got any suggestions ?
9 REPLIES
Community Veteran

for your new mailbox what did you put as the username?
N/A

Thanks for the reply. i used the same username as my first email address all that i changed was the first part .It was set up as postmaster and i created a new address starting with craig instead ?
Community Veteran

Sorry, i didn't make myself very clear when you put it into OE.
N/A

In the setup where you give your username - in your case 'cdawson' you will need to change it to 'cdawson+craig' (where the bit after the + is the new mailbox you created).

Richard.
N/A

i used the same username in outlook as in my email address . Any thoughts ?
Community Veteran

see what Richard has said above.
N/A

In the setup where you give your username - in your case 'cdawson' you will need to change it to 'cdawson+craig' (where the bit after the + is the new mailbox you created).

Richard.

Hi Richard.
I have done as you suggested but still can't get my mail. When i try and test the account settings it does not tick the box marked log onto incoming mail server. Is this anything to do with my connection settings ? I am using a zoom adsl modem. Hope you can help.
Craig.
N/A

Don't know what i did but Outlook is now working perfectly. Thanks Daniel and Richard for all your help. I can now stop bang my head against the monitor.

Regards
Craig
Community Veteran

No worries. I'd save your head for the brick wall we may be getting from Ms. Axe.