cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Services Package: Security

N/A

Hi all,

Please can someone explain how the Security Service package works.

£2.50 per user. What does per user mean.. does this mean "at server level" the incoming mail will be scanned per POP3..?

Bit confused by it.

I like the idea of virus scanning at Server level - Save's the hassle when trying to download ...

Glen
11 REPLIES
N/A

As I understand it, incoming mail gets scanned and if a virus is detected, it's removed and a notification email is sent to you instead. If this is enabled, you'll see a "This email has been verified as Virus free" signature at the bottom of the email.

There's a similar spam filter option, with the diff being that you can select the level of checking and, again, AIUI, it just put "SPAM" in the title but you still download it...

That'll get more use when the tagged emails can get put into a different mailbox so they don't have to be downloaded
N/A

Hi thanks for that..

But does that happen just on one POP3 box for the £2.50 ??

Thanks

Glen
N/A

As I understand it, the charge will be per PlusNet account (I can't be sure, as mine is bundled with the EasyStart account) and would be unrelated to the number of Email mailboxes configured, as the scanning would be done before being filtered into the different mailboxes on that account.

Is that what you mean?
N/A

Hi there - Yes! That's what I mean..

That's not bad then is it? Might sign up...

Glen
N/A

Glen,
i am thinking of going to pipex from plusnet because you get an allocated account manager and i have had problems with support, I would be interested to know why you are switching from pipex to plusnet.
N/A

Hi there - I'll PM you.

Glen
N/A

He may be moving from Pipex to Plusnet for the same reason I am. Their customer service is non-existent.
N/A

;-) You got it....

When you do get through - Very unpolite some of them.. plus lot's of other things. Don't like to moan too much in forums.. ;-)

Glen
N/A

Glen,
i am thinking of going to pipex from plusnet because you get an allocated account manager .

And the NHS is getting better in relation to the extra taxes we pay !!! :roll:
N/A

So you think threatening to remove your portal access is polite. :roll:
N/A

No, responses such as that are uncalled for unless you have broken any terms (AUP, payment etc) which would warrant restricted access.
Unfortunatly, support staff are not always trained well in "interpersonal skills" and "anger management". They are human after all and most probably have to put up with a lot of abuse.
It is certainly a job I would not want to do.