cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service status message on PN phone #

N/A

Wouldn't it be nice, in the event of a major service loss like when all the DNS connections went last week, if we could ring the PN number and hear a recorded (and frequently updated) service update there?

Instead I was being directed to the 'service status' area of the PN site (which was all down) or had the option of waiting 15 minutes to be told 'no ETA for service to be back to normal'.

Or am I being thick? :lol:
10 REPLIES
LiamM
Grafter

Usually when something like this happens, they do update the greeting message you get when you call with a note on the affected issue and an ETA.

They definately should have done on Friday.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Normally we do, but it can only play the message so many time concurrently. This meant that on Friday some customers would have missed the message due to the sudden increase in calls.
Community Veteran

You guy's need a new phone system, (you know what I'm about to mention) hold music from a £5 CD Player, can only play a message to so many callers, why not get a nice new one that gives you the choice of hold music, lets you know straight away if there's any problems and the number of people the message can be played to is only limited by the number of lines into the system?

O.k. I have a personal vendetta against the PN phone system but what's that got to do with it? :razz:
N/A

He He - not anything to do with knowing someone who could sell them such a piece of kit? Wink
Community Veteran

Actually it's not, although I do know someone who lays cables installs phones and things. I'm building a website for them http://www.mcm-communications.co.uk Suggestions welcome.
N/A

My apologies Shockedops: Wink

*Note to self - stop being such a cynic*
craigbrass
Grafter

I agree with that. I love companies that have 10 diff tracks and allow you to browse through them. Great for somthing decent to listen to for 5 mins! Altho when actually getting through to AOL didn't help, gotta hand it to them, they had a great selection of music playing!
Nick_Russell
Grafter

Why not have a separate "Status" number to call? This would help PlusNet as in the event of a general fault it might save an overload to the help line number.
Community Veteran

It would still be part of the same phone system and subject to the same limitations. Also it would mean customers would have an extra number to remember.

Chris
craigbrass
Grafter

In which case, upgrading their phone systems sounds like the best option. It would enable them to do more with them.