Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service is falling - appalingly so!

N/A

I have been with F9 for many years - at least 10
I have reccomended dozens of people to F9
Largely because the price is competitive, but you get a lot more for your money than, say, BT, Wandaoo, etc..
but the bigest reason is that help and support is available, 24/7, from humain beings, who know their business, in Sheffiled, and no someone reading from a script in Mumbai!

Over recent months all of this has changed.

It is now *very* difficult to ask a question via the portal not covered by the standard pat answer screens, and next to impossiible to speak to someone over the phone.

When you do finaly - almost by accident, get to post a question via the hlp portal, response times are abuysmal - or in some cases, non-existent

I am no longer comfortable in reccomending F9 to anyone.
15 REPLIES
N/A

Hello indqualtec,

I had been with F9 PlusNet as a customer for 8 years & ironically I joined up because the support was good. I've migrated away just recently because its obvious to me that F9 PlusNet have withdrawn any real technical support. This is a situation that is unacceptible to me, & the single biggest reason why I left ASAP!!.

I have more than 10years experience in the IT industry and I can tell you that having no tech support is madness, you cannot run an IT company without providing technical support when what your providing is a technical product i.e. an internet connection.

**F9 PlusNet's whole attitude to its paying customers is dreadful, nobody at F9 gives a fig anymore for actual customers. The withdrawl of technical support reflects a level of utter contempt for customers thats sheer breath taking. But of course F9 dont seem to see things that way, even though I've been trying to tell them for the last 5yrs. F9 have done a great job at alienating their own customers, its poor show when you cannot even get through on the phone because your call is terminated.

**THERE IS NO!! SUPPORT FROM F9 ANYMORE ITS GONE!!

**I've moved to a new ISP and the difference is utterly staggering & amazing, the support frankly knocks spots off F9, its top notch. 1) I can phone my new ISP for support within clearly stated hours & I get through in a few moments 2) support is in the UK 3) support is answered by human beings 4) support staff are really friendly, respectful, intelligent, dont jump to wrong headed answers about the problem, dont patronise the caller, and listen very well, I got answers in a few minutes. 5) I can get live support if I have a viable connection using an IRC support session, again in minutes 6) I get asked if I would like a written transcription of the entire Q&A session sent to me via email, how clever is that, its really excellent.

**Now contrast that with I opened a support ticket to try and get answers to questions and to try and get my email service moved & over 24hrs later nobody has bothered to even look at my ticket, thats what I mean by unacceptible service or lack of service, hence why F9 have now lost my business but I dont think they care, in fact I'm just another punter leaving YES! plenty more suckers when he came from. :roll: No! the sooner I can get my service move completed the better as far as I am concerned. I'm OUT OF HERE, the smell is getting to bad.

*I've just waited from 11am to 11:45am (45mins) without my call being answered. Its a sick joke!!

Ivan
N/A

Wow!
I am shocked that cyteck is leaving.
The support forums will be a lot worse without cyteck's help. He has helped me more than any of the so-called support staff and i am sure you will be missed by many members of this portal.
Good luck in your pastures new.
Which isp have you chosen from the many that are available?

Sorry that this post is a bit off topic, but it is also linked, because now, as i said, support will be much worse now that cyteck is leaving.
N/A

Hello wtfitzpatrick,

After todays farce of trying to get support from F9, I'm so glad I'm NOT going to be an F9 customer any more. My support ticket which was openned more than 24hrs ago hasnt even been looked at. I feel so angry with the way F9 teates its customers its utterly disguisting, Evil Evil Evil Evil F9 dont deserve customers if they treat them like this. and if LOTS of people jump ship like me then I would have little or no sympathy. FFS I've been saying for years F9 has to change its entire attitude towards CS, the lights are on but nobody's home!!.

**You can hear the dead sheep boucing after being dropped from a great height & with F9 the silence is deafening. I'm out of hear thank goodness!!

Gone to the buddhist camp, in a word Zen figure the rest out glasshopper!! Ah!! master!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: sound of one hand clapping!!

Ivan
N/A

Hello All,

I'm glad I've stumbled into this forum and the threads about F9 support and service levels being in free-fall. I'm not someone who normally posts messages but I'm so angry with F9 at the moment ! My home connection has been out now since Sunday morning. The ADSL link is up but the PPP times out. Trying with username bt_test@startup_domain fails too, so this (to me) indicates it is a BT problem. I spent 45 min on Sunday waiting to get through on phone, explained all this to support person. As of now (Wed eve) the fault hasn't even been passed to BT and there have been no reponses for 3 days to questions posted against the original ticket and no mention therein of what I told the support guy.. I had to open a separate question and that one got a response after 26 hours to say I should be patient as the relevant team were busy because of 8Mmb problems.

A similar fault happened two months ago and I was told that they couldn't give it to BT straight away as they had to do their own tests first (which took them over 4 days). BT then took a couple of days to fix the fault.

A few months back we changed ISP's at work and I recommended F9 - I'm regretting it now and dreading there being a problem with the work connection. A week without a connection at work would be a nightmare.

I will therefore be moving my home connection ASAP and would like to thank people here for helping me choose where to go. I wil then move my work connection.

John.
N/A

If you are failing with the bt_test, this may suggest you have been LLU'd. I did post this back on the 8th May on anaother thread, it may help, it may not:

Don't know if this helps at all, it is something on the ADSL Guide from the 8th May:

ADSL Guide wrote:
As you may have seen from my other thread(s) I had connection problems following my LLU upgrade last week, not least from getting a decent response from CS.

In the end the fix was stupidly simple. I'm posting the answer so those of you who may be in my position post upgrade are aware in advance.

In the PPPoA settings on my router, the enapsulation setting was LLC - it should be set to VC MUX (or whatever your router says.

I don't know if this may affect any modem users, but I'm just taking the view forewarned is forearmed.

Allegedly this information was supposed to be passed onto CS centre staff:

jamesbailey wrote:
Thanks for your feedback. I've also passed this to my point of contact within the CSC who will raise this with other staff.

You decide!! Told and ignored or just not told yet!

Mark

Mark
N/A

Hello Mark,

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll check it out when I get home tonight although I think my modem/router has always been set to VC MUX (like the one here at work is).

I find it alarming though from what you say that F9 can make a change (i.e. to LLU) that means some customers will need to change settings but that they don't tell those customers in advance that they are about to do the change.

John.
N/A

I find it alarming though from what you say that F9 can make a change (i.e. to LLU) that means some customers will need to change settings but that they don't tell those customers in advance that they are about to do the change. .

Customers shouldn't need ot change settings, since the settings for LLU are the ones they are meant to be using for BT too. It's just unfortuate that BT accept the incorrect ones too Sad
Marteknet
Grafter

What the [removed] is going on, there isn't a clear link to open a new support ticket anywhere to be seen on the portal. Am I really expected to pay 50p a min for the "privilege" of informing F9 (from here on in know as "FARCE9") that the CCGI server is playing up, sometimes loading pages and sometime not. I expect other ISP's are using FARCE9 in their training to show their staff how not to do things and lose customers. I will now be telling everyone who asks just how BAD FARCE9 are as an ISP. :twisted:

[Moderators note: Disguised swearing removed]
Marteknet
Grafter

No! the sooner I can get my service move completed the better as far as I am concerned. I'm OUT OF HERE, the smell is getting to bad.
Ivan

Hi Ivan you will be missed here. where are you off to? I am now looking around for a GOOD overall ISP with domain hosting and customer support. Ho you are right about the smell soon FARCE9 will be issuing gas-masks as value-added service, Customer will need them.

Peter
N/A

What the [removed] is going on, there isn't a clear link to open a new support ticket anywhere to be seen on the portal. Am I really expected to pay 50p a min for the "privilege" of informing F9 (from here on in know as "FARCE9") that the CCGI server is playing up, sometimes loading pages and sometime not. I expect other ISP's are using FARCE9 in their training to show their staff how not to do things and lose customers. I will now be telling everyone who asks just how BAD FARCE9 are as an ISP. :twisted:

Don't bother with the premium rate number - it just rings out for 5 minutes then hangs up!
N/A

Hi everyone,

My service move isnt completed yet because [removed] F9 wont co-operate and do the things I need them to do. I have wasted like an idiot x2 45mins phone calls which nobody bothers to answer, I have a support ticket that requires URGENT ACTION!! but its now been 4 days and nobody has even bothered to read it let alone respond.

**If F9 support staff were doctor's & I required emergency assistence I would have died by now!! Evil Thank goodness they only attempting to run an ISP, it would be terrifying otherwise.

**Im certain F9 now WONT help me because they cannot make any more money out of me, as I am leaving them. So thats why they refuse to help in anyway at all. Its disgusting as I'm still a customer right upto the last payment I make next month. I feel like cancelling my DD sooner given the way I have been treated.

**Moved to Zen internet, support & service is a breath of fresh air, knocks the spots off F9. If I was PlusNet I would be seriously worried by the likes of Zen. You can phone them up and speak in moments to real human beings, you can get live support via IRC in minutes if you have a viable connection. They are so professional makes F9 look like a naff bunch of amatuers frankly.

**YES!! pete I definateky can recommend Zen and no they dont have a referrals scheme before you ask.

Ivan

[Moderators note: Disguised swearing remoed]
Marteknet
Grafter

Thanks Ivan, I will be taking a look at what Zen has to offer in the way of domain hosting as well as the BB side of things, but what the hell it can't be any worse than with FARCE9. You may soon see me on their forums if they have them.
Pete.
N/A

I believe reporting things like the CCGI platform not working should be possible on the 0845 number...

As for the ticket wizard, I agree with you that it makes it extremely difficult to open tickets now Sad
N/A

I did not realise till just now that there were two different 0845 numbers for support.

From a recent email to my Home account:
If you have a problem that means you can't connect to any of our services or you have not found the answer from the 'Help Assistant' section of our site, our support team are at the end of the phone to help. You can ring 0845 140 0250, this number will continue to be charged at a lo-call rate. The Force9 team will be responsive, giving you the support and guidance you need, when you need it.

From a recent email to my Work account:
Priority support for business customers; If you have a problem that means you can't connect to any of our services or you have not found the answer from the 'Help Assistant' section of our site, our support team are at the end of the phone to help. You can now ring a new number where your call will be given priority over any calls from our residential customers. The new number to ring is 0845 002 0171 this will continue to be charged at a lo-call rate. The Force9 team will be responsive, giving you the support and guidance you need, when you need it.

I used the "Home" (aka low priority) number and got 40 mins delay (my connection is still out after almost 5 days now and no sign of any action on the ticket yet).

Does the business number also have this delay?

John.