cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service improvement tips????

N/A

Here are a few suggestions on how Force9 can improve their service:

1] Mail all of your customers and give them their MAC so that they can move to a different provider and so have a Broadband connection that actually works.

2] Answer the phone occasionally.

3] Stop charging customers for a service that they cannot access.

4] Answer ALL of their points that they raise on a ticket, not just the ones you want to.

5] Switch off the lights when the last customer leaves.
21 REPLIES
N/A

What a meaningless and foolish post!
Fool!
N/A

What a meaningless and foolish post!
Fool!

Thats what i was thinking too!
N/A

Foolish? Sadly yes because I have put up with the gradually decreasing level of service that Force9 have been delivering for the last year. I should have seen the signs and moved before it got this bad. Lazy perhaps, but foolish? No. The only fools are the ones that will be continuing to pay Force9 for a service they are not receiving.

I would like to know exactly how many people are satisfied with the "service" that Force9 are attempting to provide.

I have tried quite literally dozens of times to contact F9 with regards the problems we have been having to no avail. Little wonder given the thousands of reported faults that F9 are declaring. They won't even answer their "premium" call number. If the geniuses that answer the phones are the same ones that the F9 mails are blaming for many of their problems it is probably just as well.

Raising a ticket is almost pointless. The “support” people answer the parts of your query that they want to and leave the ones they are uncomfortable with unanswered.

If you are one of the lucky ones that can connect at the moment then I am happy for you Stella. However, when you have paid for a Broadband connection for almost 2 months with only dial-up to show for it, then you can call me foolish for complaining.

As for the moderator that finds the fault foolish, perhaps if you spent more time trying to make F9 fix the problems there are then there would be a lot less angry people on this forum.

Take a look guys. The place is full of flamers. Wakey wakey! To my mind the only foolish people are the ones sitting back and paying for something they are not getting.
N/A

As for the moderator that finds the fault foolish, perhaps if you spent more time trying to make F9 fix the problems there are then there would be a lot less angry people on this forum.

That’s not my Job! If you feel more should be done, Get in contact with the User group. I only mod this forum and make sure you behave.

I tell you why your post is Foolish. What happen in your poll for a category for people which have no problems, or are really happy with there connection, or over the past few years, have had great service, and have hope that this will return soon! Your Poll is one-sided and helps no one.

Also, this post is moved to Community support, this is not a idea and suggestion.
N/A

I'm a little confused. The poll asks are you happy with the level of service? The possible responses are YES, NO, What Service?

In answer to your question, if you happen to be one of the lucky people that has a good connection and so are happy with the service you should click YES. I think that is pretty straight forward and easy for most people to understand.

So as you based your idea that I was foolish because the poll was one-sided, I guess that makes me not foolish again. many thanks.

By the way, hoping that service returns isn't an answer. We have seen Force9 get gradually worse for months. If it showed any sign of getting better I would possibly stay. However, they have not and nor will they make any reply to our questions as to when.
N/A

though i have moved to a new house (goin to uni) when i go home to my familys house they still have my force9 connection and i still think its fine. though i have had some problems in the past which has taken some time to fix i have been patient. you guys should all relax, complaining about everything that goes wrong with an internet connection just means you have a less than average life style. you should be outside in the garden doing somthing or out somewhere nice not posting on here about the service becomming crap. its because you have high standards. a comapny is always amending its ways to make there customers happy. you cant just click you fingers and they come running to you.
you do it can be otherthings wrong with a internet connection other than the ISP, such as the exchange, works on the line, server crash, power outage. think about the problem before posting about it.

i think ive covered everything that everyone else has posted in the last 100 topics complaining about force9
N/A

Well Benjamin after your whole year here I'm pleased to know you're happy. You didn't need to tell me that you're 'goin to uni' by the way - your spelling, grammar and punctuation told me that already. However just so's you're aware, there are those who run major websites, clubs and even businesses through this apology for a service and who are understandably less happy than you are. It's not every day that high standards are seen as a bad thing. Maybe when you leave uni you'll be able to bring your own low standards to a worthwhile employer - it won't be me.

Now if you'll nip off and enjoy your better than average lifestyle we'll continue the job of criticising F9 in the hope that it will improve and be of greater service to you in the future.

No offence of course, but one of the great laws of the universe is that left to itself everything gets worse (it's rather like entropy) and needs positive input to get it better again. Cheesy Cheesy
quelquod
Rising Star

What happen in your poll for a category for people which have no problems, or are really happy with there connection, or over the past few years, have had great service, and have hope that this will return soon! Your Poll is one-sided and helps no one.

Oops! - the poll does have a box for people who are happy!

Read the question Jeremy - you are in danger of qualifying to be a CS person. Wink Wink Wink
Democracy - 3 wolves and a lamb voting about what to have for lunch!
N/A

Well if you are complaining about the force9 company so much, why did you sign up to the service?

i must apologise for my gremmer, i appear to have forgotten to read the dictionnary today. Cool

im not completly happy with the service myself. i have had things go wrong and i have sworn alot and written a brief few angry tickets to force9 but in the end they dont listen to you so ive decided to give in to the pain of this company and have moved to NTL. though my original account still runs (noted in my last post) it is rearly used.
N/A

Well if you are complaining about the force9 company so much, why did you sign up to the service?

Back in the days when we signed up ('98 was my first account), service was second to none and Force9 were Force9. There was no problem with referring friends and relatives (not that I successfuly converted many from PAYG) to this wonderful service. Big bad +Net arrived on the scene and amalagamated all the companies together under one name, the brands stayed though.

Last year, +Net decided to a) buy Metronet and b) become a listed company. The two things done at separate times would have had problems, but they would have been sorted. Both things being carried out almost at the same time was a disaster waiting to happen. Metronet customers had to be placed on the +Net service meaning an increase in customers which the service just couldn't cope with. On top of that, there are now shareholders in the equation that must have a good return on their investment. Unfortunately, good customer service and good shareholder return just do not match.

At one time I had all of my services with F9 but have since moved anything that needs reliability elsewhere, I just have my connection and email. F9 will not receive any other money from me as their services are not reliable enough and there is no contact with customer service without a lengthy wait in a queue before being cut off (so I am lead to believe).

I am lucky, having been a customer for so long, most of my problems were in the early years when there were people in the CSC that wanted to help, rather than fob you off so that they can keep their call time average up. I haven't had to telephone support (fingers crossed) for a couple of years now and I can get most of my answers in the ADSL Guide, newsgroups or occasionally the F9 forum!!

That my young friend is why we chose F9. Why did you? Cheap connection?

Mark
N/A

in a way i did choose because of the cheep connection. i heard abut it originally through my old boss who said the company didnt give him any problems what so ever. i had already looked around for the best ISP around and hadnt found any.
AOL - the software you have to install on your computer will never come off again unless you format the whole thing, i know because my brother was on it for a while back in the day of 56K.
Tiscaly - i think that isnt the spelling. these looked really good the whole "unlimited" signs but again i didnt join up because my friend was already on it and they tryed dissconnecting from it and move to another company and after this happened the company was still billing them and sending a lot of thretening letters because they had stop the direct debbit. so that was a big no.

i did choose Force 9 because it was cheep but also the reputation it had gotten (from what i researched on) and the site look convincing enough.
100MB free webspace
2Mbps internet connection
email
the speed is what i wanted more than anything because i had to share it with other people in my household.
though now i have my account and had my share of problems which have been solved now i have found thesse forums and saw how other people are getting treated, no onder they dont allow you to see the forum without having an account! to hide the problems that is happening all around the world.
though i still have my account at my old house (family still wishes to use it) i cant exactly close the account becasue of the charge that is lumped on me becasue i chose the free connection and the hardware. my friend, when he first connected to Tiscaly he never go lumped with a charge of connecting and the hardware, which is exactly the same as the one i got. if i had of know about this before hand i would of not of chosen this company but then apparently this is my fault as i didnt read about the charge. i did read all the T & C and i didnt see it.

well ive probably gone off topic there :roll:

also the customer support (the telephone! oh yes Force9, people still rely on this piece of hardware) was satisfactory to me, i had to ring up a few times and the people were nice but now that has gone down hill.
why would they change this and say "please use the support function on our website!" how the hell can you when your internet has gone down. hahaha

well thats my story, hope you enjoy the boring read
tonymunro
Grafter

though i have moved to a new house (goin to uni) when i go home to my familys house they still have my force9 connection and i still think its fine. though i have had some problems in the past which has taken some time to fix i have been patient. you guys should all relax, complaining about everything that goes wrong with an internet connection just means you have a less than average life style. you should be outside in the garden doing somthing or out somewhere nice not posting on here about the service becomming crap. its because you have high standards. a comapny is always amending its ways to make there customers happy. you cant just click you fingers and they come running to you.
you do it can be otherthings wrong with a internet connection other than the ISP, such as the exchange, works on the line, server crash, power outage. think about the problem before posting about it.

i think ive covered everything that everyone else has posted in the last 100 topics complaining about force9

Bless his cotton socks!
N/A

What else can one add, 17 people have voted so far in the poll and only 3 ( we probably know who they are ) are happy with the service.

Lets face it guys, we pay our hard earned cash for a sevice that force9 are not providing, people have a right to complain about that if they wish, I have just done a speedtest on my connection and getting a download speed of 83kbs. on a 2mb connection, can I ask the members who thought this poll was foolish and meaninless a couple of questions ?

What speed are you getting ?
Can you get through to customer support ?
Is your web mail working ok ?
Can you access your website ?

These are just a few of the many problems paying customers are having, many of them depending on this service to earn a living

If you have a fast connection and answered yes to the above questions then you have a right to be happy with the service and good luck to you, but you are in a minority.

If you answered no then i think you should like everyone else give force9 the grief they deserve, the results are not going to make a lot of difference to any of us but the thread starter has a right to post and ask questions here as he likes and you don't cleary speak for many force 9 customers, I will be first to put my hand up if they can turn this around but my tolerance and patience is running a little thin over the last number of months.
N/A

Well we may be in the minority in this poll, but i just wonder what the percentage of users are having problems across the company?