cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service and support feedback and a question re: disconnects

N/A

I have found the provided service recently to be a dismal echo of my previous experience with Plusnet.

The quality and speed of my connection is often dire. Traceroute timeouts and
connection issues are now repeated through the day.

The response times on my tickets is ludricous - days pass with no response.
There is no sense of problem ownership and desire for resolution, only a stream of fobbing offs (bad grammer, but you know what I mean).

Engaged tones on a helpdesk? Oh dear oh dear oh dear.

I have encountered attitudes of support agents has been patronising and dismissive - unlike the previously professional and helpful agents. For example, I was just told (and I do paraphrase, lacking a stenographer) that:

We do have other customers so we can't prioritise you.

I am perfectly aware that I am one of many, but I am paying for a service and do expect to be treated with common courtesy as a paying customer. Especially on a ticket raised weeks ago... Certain of Plusnet's agents seem to struggle with the concept that we are not morons, many of us have worked in IT for many years, or in other similarly skilled roles? In short, we are not idiots to be dismissed offhand. The "we do have other cutsomers you know" approach is instant blood boilage.

I have been a customer for at least 3 years and have recommended many people and companies to the service. However, it looks like time for us all to go comparison shopping.

Enough feedback - now, my question:

When people get disconnected, do they notice that this coincides with the helpdesk being engaged, or is it just me? Please let me know for the sake of what's left of my ever dwindling sanity.
3 REPLIES
JonathanW
Grafter

Hi,

With regards to your comments on the phone system being engaged, “We’re currently experiencing very high call volumes at peak times while we’re focusing efforts on clearing customer fault tickets. This can mean extended waiting times for some customers at the very busiest times. You can see customer support statistics here. We’d always advice trying to solve the problem using our help and support web pages, or by raising a ticket, rather than making a phone call as this means we can pre-qualify your problem and usually solve it quicker.

We’re recruiting more agents every week to boost our performance and improve the call answer rates to all customers. In very rare cases you may get an engaged tone when calling our call centre as our telephone system is close to capacity at peak times. To resolve this we have a new telephone system is on order which will be installed in January which will significantly boost our capacity and should reduce call waiting times. In the meantime thanks for your patience.

Also, with regards to the comments on some of the agents, due to the number of people they have to deal with, its not always possible for an agent to spot how tech savvy a customer is. Its certainly not their intention to be patrionising when it comes to dealing with customer issues.

As for tickets, the ammount of time they take to resolve does depend on which team they get passed to. So faults and other provisioning issues can take longer than simple email issues.
N/A

What happens to the ticket if it is passed the 8 hour aim time?, mines been open for 10 days now :?
N/A

Re: Service and support feedback and a question re: disconne

I have been a customer for at least 3 years...
Enough feedback - now, my question:

When people get disconnected, do they notice that this coincides with the helpdesk being engaged, or is it just me?

Can't vote, yes or no in this case. I used to ring Support when I had the odd problem with connection and from the call time length used that to calculate who was at fault. Short waiting time = probably me. Long waiting time = problem PlusNets side. Usually accurate as an indicator, too in the past. But since my connection went to pot after the BT speed upgrade, and then the admittance that there were problems with it and the fact that a lot of other users have been affected by same problem with no promise of a resolution...I just don't bother, anymore.
Interesting to see that there is an announcement, Service Status page, that a fault has been found which causes intermittent disconnects. Makes me wonder if this has been a long running problem hidden amongst others and ignored because of the major one.
Like you, I have been a customer long enough to see the changes that have ocurred since I first signed on with Plusnet. Personally speaking, they are not the same excellent ISP they used to be...

Fred,