cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Status

LastRoMan
Grafter

Service Status

I have just raised a ticket with Plus Net about their non-recording of the full picture. This afternoon for several hours I was without Web connectivity - that is I was unable to load any pages. Both the portal and outside web pages. In the end I closed down the connection and opened it up again - problem solved.

Please do not suggest that the fault was in my computer - that is the normal approach.

I am pretty sure the BT ADSL connection was fine and that my settings were fine as they have not been altered in a week and I log on for several hours every day.

I had both email and Usenet, plus AOL News Ticker and AOL Buddy List - all working at speed - the News Ticker especially.

Anyone else notice these inconsistencies? :?
9 REPLIES
N/A

Service Status

Please do not go blaming +net for somthing they havn't done, or rather, something they have done.

I have had no connection issue at all today, and according to the logs of two other +net connections I manage, there has been no downtime on them either.

While you seem to have it that isn't your equipment, I would beg to differ.

If killing the connection, and re-establishing it, makes it function, it seriously sounds like somthing on your end.

1 person out of thousands of other users, does not mean a major issue.

If there is a service issue that is affecting 1 customer, +net would contact you directly, and not post it for the masse son service status.

When you claim +net are not showing the fully picture, then you shouldn't be holding your hand over it. There are two ends of the connection, and you diagnosys points squarly at your end I am afraid.
Community Veteran

Service Status

Don't go jumping the gun acarr or seero1...

Seero1, how long did you have the connection closed down for? If it was just for a few seconds, then I would imagine the problem was at your end. However, if you had the connection down for a while (i.e. 30 mins or more), then it worked, this could mean there could have been problems at the exchange or something... because leaving your connection off for a while allows something to reset at the exchange I believe - and this is something that PlusNet often advise people to do after a problem has occured.

Thomas
N/A

Re: Service Status

I have just raised a ticket with Plus Net about their non-recording of the full picture. This afternoon for several hours I was without Web connectivity - that is I was unable to load any pages. Both the portal and outside web pages. In the end I closed down the connection and opened it up again - problem solved.

Please do not suggest that the fault was in my computer - that is the normal approach.

I am pretty sure the BT ADSL connection was fine and that my settings were fine as they have not been altered in a week and I log on for several hours every day.

I had both email and Usenet, plus AOL News Ticker and AOL Buddy List - all working at speed - the News Ticker especially.

Anyone else notice these inconsistencies? :?

Good Evening,

There have been no major service issues today and that is when we would update Service Status. I have updated your ticket that was raised regarding this matter. In the ticket I've suggested a few things to try if the problem returns and if you keep us updated via Contact Us we can advise accordingly to try and discover the cause of your issue.
LastRoMan
Grafter

Service Status

Well I suppose I asked for that! Shockedops:
I take your point and admit I was rather hasty and apologise for the slur. It Perhaps next time I will be a little less vitriolic - that acid thrown back at you sure stings! Sad

I tried for a long time to get pages to load - even tried closing down my browser and re-opening it. In the end I left it on - went out for a while. On my return the pages and portal still had not loaded - it was then that I closed down the connection.

On relogging on after admittedly only about 5 minutes, I was then able to get smooth, fast webpages.

I probably would not have posted in the group but did not expect to get such a fast reply to my ticket. At least I know what action to takeif it happens again - "try doing some traceroutes to www.plus.net , www.yahoo.com , and www.bbc.co.uk ." Only problem is - How do I do a Trace Route someone, please?
N/A

Service Status

open an old style DOS/Command window:

tracert www.bbc.co.uk

Hit ENTER/RETURN..
LastRoMan
Grafter

Service Status

Wow! Thanks, that is really neat. I can see how that data would help clear up issues. I used to know some basic DOS commands - seem to have forgotten most of it. That was well before I had a connection and did not know of <tracert>.

Thanks again jpkso
penguinni
Grafter

Service Status

I just ran this and I had 3 time outs and then a connection in 39ms apparently. :?
Roughly translated what does it mean?Huh
N/A

Service Status

tracert is designed to trace the route taking by your data, between you and the destination site.

Once it has a list of machines, it sends a ping (a small packet that should be echoed back) to each one three times.

These times are in milliseconds, and tell you the time it took for the data to get the ping data there and back.

If any of the times are replaced by *, then the ping was lost, and means there is "packet loss".
penguinni
Grafter

Service Status

Thanks