cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Status Not Showing Known Problems

10crawford
Grafter

I am fed up with raising a support ticket only to get a response along the lines of:

We are currently aware of this problem and are working to resolve this ASAP.

We currently have no ETA for the resolve of this issue.

Why when plusnet are aware of a problem don't they reflect this in service status. What is the point of the service status pages if they don't report known problems? I suspect there is a reluctance to report an accurate status of services for PR reasons.

The above response was in connection with an apparent incorrect throttling of external usenet servers
8 REPLIES
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 62

Errr, that'll be this one then.

We try to keep Service Status as reflective as possible and aim to post anything that we feel is affecting a significant number of customers. We certainly don't withhold details of known problems for PR purposes as you have suggested.

The Service Status tool isn't the greatest to be honest and a new version is currently in development.

Now where did I put that prototype...

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

10crawford
Grafter

Bob

With the greatest respect every light on the service status page is Green with the exception of 2 Ambers on ADSL Dial and Usenet.

Neither of these 2 Ambers are about the problem I refer to.

Would you kindly update the main service status page as I think the other traffic light should be on red!

I don't go trawling through pages of information when I have a problem - I expect it to be reflected on the main service status page!
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

As you will see from the link I provided, that particular update was posted to the ADSL Dial category and is represented by the amber light.

I totally agree with the wading through posts comment which brings me back to the fact that the tool is being revamped.

The new version will offer threaded posts which will make it far easier to keep track of outstanding issues.

Do you really think there should be a red light because your external Usenet speeds are slower than what you are used to?! By the way are you referring to text or binary servers?

Anyways, here's that very early prototype...

Kind Rgds,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team

10crawford
Grafter

Binary services running at about 30 kb/s where usually speeds are about 500 kb/s.

Dial up speeds on an up to 8mb connection. In my view that is worthy of red!

I am unsure that a problem with speeds on external usenet servers should be categorised under adsl dial category. Surely this should be under other? I regard adsk dial problems with general adsl coneectivity problems!
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Noted. I may put this back in the Other category then when the next update goes out.

What account type are you on? I'm aware that NNTP speeds have become slower recently but I pretty much always manage to get ADSL speeds or there abouts.

Rgds,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team

N/A

since yesterday and especially today, my usenet speed has been terrible, on several different usenet servers.

Its usually around 800k/sec, now im lucky to get 60k/sec so you are not alone with the problem

EDIT, hmm shortly after posting this my speed magically came back to full speed.
The only thing i did was change my adsl username to the BT speedtest one then back to PN username and its ok.

I previously tried rebooting/connecting to different PN gateways with no effect.
N/A

Bob, it's nice that you bothered to respond to this thread. However you have a bigger issue with random disconnects, and, now the pop3 is broken. Perhaps you could give this your full attention please...
ChrisC
10crawford
Grafter

Bob

Unfortunately the way Crancher used to solve the problem (set out below) has not worked for me. I did solve it by powering off pc and router and powering back on some 30 minutes later.

I think something must be wrong plusnet end although I now have a fix!