cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Status + ADSL improvements

N/A

Service Status + ADSL improvements

Is it possible that on the Service Status page there is a indicator for ADSL? There are seperate indicators for connnect dial in and 0845 and I think that having a seperate ADSL indicator would help as we would know if where the problem is?

Also if Plusnet will not offer compensation I think as a good will gesture they could perhaps offer a backup dialup service via a 0800 number if only until the network had settled down as it does seem to have a alot of problems at the moment? Or perhaps offer a connect dialup package to ADSL customers at a seriously discounted rate like a few pounds a month subscription as a backup service to there ADSL were the fair usage of the dialup = the downtime of ADSL in the month?

I hope that there are not too many more problems with ADSL as it really is getting annoying now. When my ADSL is on though it is superb I am a ex Blueyonder Customer and I can honeslty say I think ADSL is better than cable modem when its working! Smiley
6 REPLIES
Grimbo
Grafter

RE: Service Status + ADSL improvements

> I can honeslty say I think ADSL is better than cable modem when its working! Smiley

In what respect? My mate (on NTL cable) has consistently faster connection than me and a much better ping at all times!

e.g. if we are both downloading the same file from the same place, he will max at 75kbps and I will max at about 55

Playing an online game, my ping will tend to be about 55, his will be about 35.
N/A

My friend is still on BY and we play RTCW online my ping times are alot better than his, also my download always at 60k when its working and 30k uploading.

I do a fair bit of uploading so double the upload speed is alot better for me and ADSL with plusnet is alot cheaper!

> > I can honeslty say I think ADSL is better than cable modem when its working! Smiley
>
> In what respect? My mate (on NTL cable) has consistently faster connection than me and a much better ping at all times!
>
> e.g. if we are both downloading the same file from the same place, he will max at 75kbps and I will max at about 55

Is he on the 1mb product? if not he's not telling you the truth as I think NTL standard download is 600k which is about 65k/sec? either that or he is uncapping his line! Also you think Plusnet are bad? take a look at www.ntlhell.co.uk Smiley
>
> Playing an online game, my ping will tend to be about 55, his will be about 35.

Grimbo
Grafter

> My friend is still on BY and we play RTCW online my ping times are alot better than his, also my download always at 60k when its working and 30k uploading.

Maybe NTL is faster than BY.

> Is he on the 1mb product? if not he's not telling you the truth

HuhHuh??

> I think NTL standard download is 600k which is about 65k/sec?

600/8 = 75
N/A

Hi there,

> Is it possible that on the Service Status page there is a indicator for ADSL? There are seperate indicators for connnect dial in and 0845 and I think that having a seperate ADSL indicator would help as we would know if where the problem is?
>

This is a good idea and something that is already being implemented, hopefully it will be in place by the end of next week.

> Also if Plusnet will not offer compensation I think as a good will gesture they could perhaps offer a backup dialup service via a 0800 number if only until the network had settled down as it does seem to have a alot of problems at the moment? Or perhaps offer a connect dialup package to ADSL customers at a seriously discounted rate like a few pounds a month subscription as a backup service to there ADSL were the fair usage of the dialup = the downtime of ADSL in the month?
>
> I hope that there are not too many more problems with ADSL as it really is getting annoying now. When my ADSL is on though it is superb I am a ex Blueyonder Customer and I can honeslty say I think ADSL is better than cable modem when its working! Smiley

It would not be possible to offer 0808 access free of charge with our ADSL accounts as they are already at a low price point. I will put the suggestion forward however for this to be included for a small extra cost.

Kind Regards,
Rob
--
| Robert Kelly Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd. @ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----
N/A

>
> This is a good idea and something that is already being implemented, hopefully it will be in place by the end of next week.
>

Good to hear Smiley

>
> It would not be possible to offer 0808 access free of charge with our ADSL accounts as they are already at a low price point. I will put the suggestion forward however for this to be included for a small extra cost.

It would be very helpful and I would personally take this option as I really dont want to be without a internet connection, I think many would take it providing the price is not too high! Please price it though on the basis it would only be used or even accesible when ADSL is down so hopefully not much in the future Smiley

N/A

> My friend is still on BY and we play RTCW online my ping times are alot better than his, also my download always at 60k when its working and 30k uploading.

Yep I agree there. My pings seem to be in top 2-3 on server pinging at 25-45 consistently. how can you complain about that!

Homerlovesbeer