Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Pause

craigbrass
Grafter

Service Pause

Hello,

Some people, for whatever reason go away for a period longer than a month and don't require their broadband service during that period. It would be nice if users were able to "Pause" their broadband service during this period. I understand that paying BT for the broadband but maybe just make users pay £5 a month during the period while they are not using their connection. Also make it so they cannot connect or simply have no connectivity in this period.

Best Regards,
Craig Brass
14 REPLIES
N/A

Service Pause

Would be nice....
N/A

Service Pause

The gym lets you do it, but for example sky don't.
Will be interesting to see what PN's stance is?
craigbrass
Grafter

Service Pause

Indeed, if we actually get a reply Cheesy
N/A

Service Pause

Well, they only promise to provide feedback regularly, rather than often.

Technically father christmas comes regularly, although not often!

:shock:
N/A

Service Pause

BTW price List
Take a look at the Capacity Based charging model line rental (not setup charges). Should be 5th table down.

It costs about £9.87 a month (inc vat) wholesale cost, so this is where the minimum price level would need to be.
craigbrass
Grafter

Service Pause

But still, people would rather pay £10 odd a month for broadband while they are away rather than £22 if they are on premier for example.
LiamM
Grafter

Service Pause

Yeah, this could be an idea worth considering. If you block all access for say, one month, and charge the basic price of something like £10 /month.
craigbrass
Grafter

Service Pause

Yea, cos some people go on holiday for a whole month and I am sure (relating to the customers on premier) that they would rather pay over half the price for their service while they are away (so they have got another £12 to spend on their holiday *winks*).
N/A

Service Pause

And just so everyone wins, PN could chage a £15 admin fee Wink

Could get complicated if you only have a week off, and how much time are you allowed to suspend your package for?

For example could I save money by saying that I want access suspended between 8 and 5 monday to friday?

OK stupid I know, but we'll have to come up with sensible restrictions that could make it work....

How about maximum of 3 times a year, two weeks minimum each time, maximum each time 3 months?

:?:
craigbrass
Grafter

Service Pause

I would say 1 month minimum for service pause and say up to 3 months a year and NO admin fee as that would defeat the object *winks*
LiamM
Grafter

Service Pause

Mite also be handy for rented houses with ADSL included, or for students who go home during the summer.
Community Veteran

Service Pause

You shouldnt have rented houses with ADSL included. It's a breach of the terms and conditions to resell it in such a manner.

Chris
craigbrass
Grafter

Service Pause

Terms and Conditions of PlusNet or BT Wholesale?
N/A

Service Pause

PN say you aren't allowed to 'resell' the service.
11.5 When we provide you with the Service, it, and any associated software, it is intended for your use only. Therefore, you must not re-sell, transfer, assign or sub-license the Service (or any part of it) or the associated software to anyone else.