cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serious spam today...am I alone?

N/A

The spam level has got progressively worse over the last four years, but the exponential increase in the last few days has been impressive.

With washers and filters I'm in control but in the last 2 hours they picked out over 150.

Anyone else the same?
6 REPLIES
N/A

ouch thats a lot more than what I get through to my mail box... your 150 against possibly 2 to 5 at most per day.

I'm sure there is a way to get the legal side of life involved on PN's part as it's theft of bandwidth, disruption to service etc etc
N/A

I'm with you mate. Tons of spam. Tons and tons of it - mostly with the same message header or from the same person. Like you say, it's gone up massively.

Maybe there's a fault on some equipment at TeleHouse - maybe we should ask Tiscali what they think.
N/A

I'm with you mate. Tons of spam. Tons and tons of it - mostly with the same message header or from the same person. Like you say, it's gone up massively.

I have the same problem.

Thunderbird does well and correctly identifies 99% of it as spam when I recieve it, but it's still frustrating.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Hmm same here, my domain in the last few months has been getting a load to the catch-all mailbox. Fortunately the boxes I do actually use get little. Seems to be 10 or so copies of 6 different spams.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

I don't think any of you are alone in this, the amount of spam seems to on a ever increasing spiral. I'm sure I read somewhere the other week that more than 75% of mail is now spam.

Some of our customers are getting mail bombed, some to extreme levels (which is part of the reason for the recent mail problems).

Best things to do is set up some blackholes, either blackhole any address you don't use by setting up a redirect to to blackhole@abuse.plus.com or we can blackhole your catch all address.

We can also block specific domains and email addresses if all the spam is coming from the same place.
carrot63
Grafter

Slightly (widely) OT, but I think I saw the future of spamming the other day. My mobile rang, with a international number I didnt recognise, so I ignored it. Checking later it turned out to be a mainland China code (I dont know anyone in china). Since 50% of the dodgy bots I see on my website are now Chinese, and my router if constantly pinged by Chinese IPs, I think mobiles might soon become as unusable as email.