cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending emails to NHS addresses

N/A

Not something I'm familiar with but I keep getting unroutable address. Now the question is. IS this a problem at my end. It's just a rubbish email addressHuh

Example Joe.Smith@lthtrs.nhs.uk
Unrouteable address

Whats the problem there? The capitals. Or something else

Confused

J
9 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

It's probably just an incorrect email address, I'd expect a different error message if it was something else, unroutable address normally implies the mail server of the person you are sending to couldn't deliver the mail, usually because either the address doesn't exist is there's a problem.
p_w_d_stone
Grafter

To answer the point about capital letters, e-mail addresses are not case sensitive.

i.e. Joe.Bloggs@email.com, JOE.BLOGGS@EMAIL.COM and joe.bloggs@email.com are all the same.
dhumble
Grafter

warhams,

Agree with last poster. Email addresses are not case sensitive.

I can tell you that the domain is correct and is set (mx record) to connect to the correct NHS mail server. I even tested it and got a response from the mail server.

So, the only conclusion is that either you are addressing incorrectly or, that user does not have a mailbox upon that mail server.

HTH
N/A

I have just had a similar problem with a NHS address, other party never receives the mail, and not bounced back?
N/A

There have been reports of problems sending to NHS addresses from PN in the past - I can't find the topic ATM, but its about here somewhere!

I'll try and make time to have a look for it, unless somebody manages to beat me to it.....
Community Veteran

Theres a thread here

But it was about over-zealous spam filters on the NHS side..

I'm still looking too.

Roger
chrisco
Grafter

Don't know if this is relevant to your problem, I have a friend who has a NHS email address & the format of that address is firstname.surname@nhs.net rather than nhs.uk :?:
Community Veteran

"nhs.net" is the NPfIT national domain name for nhs e-mails.

"nhs.uk" e-mail address are handled by the individual nhs trust e-mail system.

Chilly
N/A

Thanks for that allSmiley Well I know the address is correct. Their mailbox full maybe, OR they've given me an incorrect address.

I seem to have got round the contact problem with a phonecall. Still very irritating!

J