cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security package

N/A

Security package

Hi,

I just purchased the security package for a couple of quid a month to take advantage of server-side anti-virus and anti-spam. Does this get switched on as soon as my card is processed? I got a message after I signed up for it to say that the card had been processed.

Are they any configurable options for the user (i.e. sensitivity levels). If so, where would I find them? I had a look around in the portal and read the FAQs but nothing jumped out at me.

Thank you
Mark.
16 REPLIES
N/A

Security package

Hi there,

In the member centre on left hand side of your screen beneath My Account, bottom of the list you'll see Services.

Click on that you'll be able to access your settings from there.

The spam settings are limited to low, medium or high.

Mark
N/A

Security package

Mark,

I tried that but all I got was this

Is there a delay from signing up to when it is activated? If so, what is that delay?

Thanks,
Mark.

Moderators note (John) Image converted to a link. It's size would reak havok with someone on 56k waiting for it to load
N/A

Security package

Fair enuff. It obviously isnt activated yet on your account.

I cant honestly remember how long it took when we activated it.

I'll have a look at our accounts and see if there is any indication.

I'll post back if I find anything out.#

Mark
N/A

Security package

Fair enuff. It obviously isnt activated yet on your account.

I cant honestly remember how long it took when we activated it.

I'll have a look at our accounts and see if there is any indication.

I'll post back if I find anything out.#

Mark

Thanks - I didn't get a confirmation email after I signed up either, which is slightly unnerving. I don't mind waiting, it would be nice if the system informed the user how long it normally takes to activate. If it's 24 hours, or whatever, then I should have been informed of that.

Ta,
Mark.
N/A

Security package

Mark,

As far as i can see. The security package was activated on the day I ordered it.

Ours is paid by DD wether that makes a difference or not.

Hopefully you'll be up and running shortly.

Best regards

Mark
csogilvie
Grafter

Security package

As far as I know the settings are all under "Email Settings" - or at least thats where they appear at random times when you don't have the package.
N/A

Security package

Mark,
Ours is paid by DD wether that makes a difference or not.

That's interesting - I whinged and moaned a lot to get this set up on DD on another thread but I was told it would simply not be possible. I even raised tickets to this effect and was told on the ticket it is impossible.

Are you SURE you have it set up as a Direct Debit and it's not a regular credit card charge?
N/A

Security package

Hi Mark,

Yes both our adsl payment and security package are paid by DD. Our company doesnt have a credit card so thats the way we set it up.

Mark
N/A

Security package

That is exactly what I wanted to do. I will be taking this up with a support person. If someone from Customer Support can read this can you please explain why I was refused a Direct Debit for the Security package, but this customer wasn't?

Thanks.

Moderators note (John) Quote removed. There is no need to quote the entire post preceeding your reply
N/A

Security package

As far as I know the settings are all under "Email Settings" - or at least thats where they appear at random times when you don't have the package.

Thanks, yes I can see the settings there now. It must have been activated overnight.

Mark.
oliverb
Grafter

Security package

I'd like to throw in an extra query, what constitutes a "user" for billing purposes?

I'd like an account-wide inbound mail filter but I don't want to have to pay extra for each mailbox on the account.
Community Veteran

Security package

You are the user: 'coaxial'. The filtering applies to anything@username.plus.com i.e. all mailboxes you create. A user is not a mailbox.

Moderators note (John) e-mail address changed from real one to generic username address to help prevent spam. It is always advised never to post real addresses on the forums.
oliverb
Grafter

Security package

Thanks, look this may sound like a dumb question but under what circumstances would the £10 for 5 users rate apply then, if one account=one user. It just doesn't make sense to me.
Community Veteran

Security package

Something like companies who have teleworking employees using PlusNet ADSL connections, a goup of mates. Bulk purchase = cheaper.