cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screwy Forum

shellsong
Grafter

Screwy Forum

Replying to https://portal.plus.net/central.html?action=new_forums&forum_action=display_topic&topic_id=7363&disp...

gives:

http://mainframe39.mikeasoft.com/junk/screwypnetforum.png

something to do with all the <>'s I'd assume, doesn't stop from posting but it is a little annoying.
5 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Screwy Forum

Yes, this looks like a good one.

I'll leave this one up to you - is it a curiosity or a problem? The developers could be building the new forums, or spending time fixing what seem to be small problems witht he current code...

If you confirm this is something you think needs to be fixed I will raise a problem with the development team!

Regards,

Ian Wild
PlusNet Customer Support
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

The developers could be building the new forums, or spending time fixing what seem to be small problems witht he current code...
>
> If you confirm this is something you think needs to be fixed I will raise a problem with the development team!
>
> Regards,
>
> Ian Wild
> PlusNet Customer Support
>

hmm that implies the forum is going to be a inhouse build again. Not about time to use a tried and Tested forum?
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
N/A

> hmm that implies the forum is going to be a inhouse build again.

I never said that!

Even a pre-coded open source forum needs to go through our normal code review procedures and be modified so that it integrated correctly with our customer database and portals... All very time consuming stuff I'm afraid.

Regards,

Ian Wild
PlusNet Customer Support
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

> > hmm that implies the forum is going to be a inhouse build again.
>
> I never said that!
>
> Even a pre-coded open source forum needs to go through our normal code review procedures and be modified so that it integrated correctly with our customer database and portals... All very time consuming stuff I'm afraid.
>
> Regards,
>
> Ian Wild
> PlusNet Customer Support

I was trying to pin you down to an answer, as it's been asked more than a few times in the past months, but didn't work Sad

Guess we'll see the new forum "when it's done"
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
N/A

> Guess we'll see the new forum "when it's done"

Yep, I guess you will ;-)

Seriously, I don't know how long this is going to take at all. I can tell you that I will keep biting the ear off our development manager until it happens. As you can imagine there is no one that forum improvements will benefit more than myself Mike and Rob...

Regards,

Ian