cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scotter Exchange

N/A

Scotter Exchange

Does anyone know when the scotter exchange will be upgraded and will it be able to support a 2mb speed?
12 REPLIES
N/A

Scotter Exchange

Hi there,

Enter your phone number here for info about your exchange.

It would seem that there is only one dslam at that exchange which was due to be upgraded commencing in July. There have been some delays by BT with this process, so that date is not guaranteed.

Hope that helps.
Julie
Grafter

Scotter Exchange

Hi there,

There have been some delays by BT with this process, so that date is not guaranteed.

Hope that helps.

Indeed there has, it seems more information has come to our attention today posted by Dave
Hi,

Every single customer on 512 and 1Mbps has had a regrade order placed with BT Wholesale. No-one has been missed, they've all been submitted.

Unfortunately delays at BT Wholesale with the regrade schedule which has affected every single ISP taking part in the bulk regrade programme means that not every regrade has been done yet.

There are reasons that some customers on some exchanges haven't been done where others have. If the exchange has multiple DSLAM's or if multiple visits are needed to a single DSLAM or if a VP has been Red at any time are the main causes of the different regrade times.

We have been in touch with BT Wholesale regularly regarding the regrade programme to ensure that we can give our customers the latest information.

The latest briefing which ourselves and I should note any ISP taking part in the bulk regrade programme, is now showing October as the end of the bulk regrade programme, with manual "mop up" in November.

The months just roll on and on...with a bit of luck we might get them as a xmas present Wink :lol:
N/A

Scotter Exchange

i feel sorry for you guys that haven't had your upgrades yet, it is getting a tad ridiculous, end of august was the definate completion date a few days ago, now all of a sudden it's going to be november
N/A

Scotter Exchange

Can you point out the "definate" completion date that was quoted?

August was quoted as being the completion time quite some time ago, September has been quoted for some time now and only quoted as the latest infromation.

All the dates have only ever been published as a guide, and not as fact.
N/A

Scotter Exchange

Can you point out the "definate" completion date that was quoted?

no i cant sorry, maybe definate was the wrong word to use, but don't worry acarr i'm not having a go at PN, i was just offering my sympathies to those still waiting, i know it's bt's fault, but even you must admit it seems to be one delay after another.
N/A

Scotter Exchange

Thanks for the information. According to a response via the plusnet ticket system even if I upgrade my account to the premier service or pay £15.00 they still cannot increase my speed until BT does their bit? Sad
N/A

Scotter Exchange

That's right... and a fair bit (most) of the £15 goes to our friends BT.
Community Veteran

Scotter Exchange

Btu if you pay it BT do the work much quicker.
N/A

Scotter Exchange

I contacted plus net via the ticket system regarding paying the £15.00 to upgrade me from 1mg to 2mg and this is part of the response I received-

'It is your LINE that can't support 2MB and not your area. I am sorry for the mis-understanding. Paying £14.99 will not change that.'

Does this mean I will never get 2mg or that I will have to pay a lot of money to sort the issue out.

I am fed up with Plusnet support offering limited information and never answering the question fully.
Community Veteran

Scotter Exchange

It means at the moment your line is not capable of 2meg, it may be in the future if BT change the limits or better technology comes out. If your line stats are marginal plus may be able to push BT for the regrade. If you post your stats here someone will be able to tell you, wether or not your line is capable BT's system is often wrong.
N/A

Scotter Exchange

I am not sure what stats you need to see but I have seen the following in the modem settings.
TX 288 kbps
RX 1152 kbps
Community Veteran

Scotter Exchange

The downstream attenuation and SNR. If you are using a USB modem it may not show these though. I don't know which do an which don't apart from the PN supplied Binatone modems do.