cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Say's It All Really

N/A

Say's It All Really

We are currently discussing issues with connecting at 8Mbps, constant disconnects on LLU, poor speeds at peak times, usage allowances, peak/off peak times.

Ntl:Telewest are bringing out 50Mbps (via ethernet to the home) - as per Telewest financial results of last year (may be old news for some) - but the speculations / rumour mill, are indicating this should be end of 2006 early 2007.

Just shows you the gulf in difference between some ISP's imo (not pointing the fingure at anyone in particular).

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=52616
7 REPLIES
Alecto
Grafter

Say's It All Really

Your post implies that this is a good thing, and that the ISP can support it with no problems.

I then look down the thread you link to and read remarks such as:
NTL's Network in it's current state will break and fall with 50MBit usewhores, plus it will require a new Modem standard to be implemented over their network AFAIK. I personally can't see it, but time will tell.

The people on there have no more faith in their ISPs than the complainers on here have in Plusnet.

Interesting.
N/A

Say's It All Really

Granted Geoff, that Ntl's network in it's current state, probably couldn't cope with 50Mb users. Telewest's network is in a much better shape than Ntk afaik.

Network investment is required and being done at present as I understand, a new modem would not be required however, as it would ethernet to the home & no modem required in the customers premises.

What I'm basically saying, is it's interesting that were discussing trying to get Max working properly & other aspects, but IPS's such as Ntl:Home & Blueyonder (Ntl:Telewest) are discussing bringing out 50Mbps.
N/A

Say's It All Really

A thread just over ---> a'way was talking about how NTL couldn't even provide a 1Mb speed over a 4Mb line.

I think the one thing everyone knows by now that talking about "our upcoming products and features" is a huge step from "here, NOW you can get our new products and features".

Although we could start a rumour ourselves about a suspected 100Mb connection if you want Wink
nairobi
Grafter

Say's It All Really

However bad you might think Plusnet is, NTL is a zillion times worse.

http://www.googlefight.com/index.php?lang=en_GB&word1=plusnet+sucks&word2=ntl+sucks
N/A

Say's It All Really

@nairobi - classy link. Hours of fun to be had I'm sure!

Try this one controversial these days I'm sure, amusing nonetheless.
N/A

Say's It All Really

@nairobi

Not sure thats going to work. The same with "rules" is even BETTER in Ntl's favour. :p

http://www.googlefight.com/index.php?lang=en_GB&word1=plusnet+rules&word2=ntl+rules
nairobi
Grafter

Say's It All Really

Heh, well I used the link as an illustration of my own personal experience of both companies. I will never, ever give any of my money to NTL again. Yet I'm still here with Plusnet. So draw your own conclusions.