cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving sent emails

Maddy
Grafter

Saving sent emails

Hi, is there anyway of saving sent emails that have been sent from another computer using outlook express or other email client in my plusnet account? why i ask is, i have webmails set up for my kids and i need to keep a check on whats being sent, i know i can check on whats coming in, i have looked at the settings in the webmail but i cannot see anyway of saving sent mail.

Thank you
10 REPLIES
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 70

Saving sent emails

Hi there,

Emails sent via webmail should be saved in the sent items folder on webmail (unless of course they are deleted by your kids after they have sent their email)

Regards,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Maddy
Grafter

Saving sent emails

Hi,
Thanx for fast reply, i understand if they use webmail to send there emails, but they are using outlook or another client for sending there emails so will this also save there sent mails that have to go through plus net ? if no then is there anyway of saving them ?
N/A

Saving sent emails

there is an option in the tools/options/send menue by default it is set to save a copy of sent mails, so there should be a copy in the sent items folder (unless the kids have turned it off).
Maddy
Grafter

Saving sent emails

hi,
yes there is that option in outlook but they seem to delete them befor i get to look at them, this is why i need to know if there emails can me saved in my plusnet account, then all i got to do is log on to my plusnet account and then into webmail then i can take a look, i can look at there inbox through webmail so long as they have not checked there email in outlook express, as this then takes it off the plusnet web server.

Thank you
N/A

Saving sent emails

If you check in tools/accounts select the mail account and the properties then select the tab Advanced and check the box in delivery "leave a copy of messages on server" that should keep a record of all maill sent and received in the webmail account for you to see for as long as you set the days for.

hope that helps Smiley
Maddy
Grafter

Saving sent emails

hi
well thanx again for your help thebigyin, but them settings only seem to keep the incoming mails and not the sent mails onto the plusnet server , i looked in all the settings and clicked save message on server then i did a test , there was no sent message saved at all, any idears ?

Thank you
N/A

Saving sent emails

Hi there,

Your mail client Outlook etc will only permit the storage of recieved mail on the server.

the only way you can achieve the retention of sent mail is to cc a copy to your own address, then your mail client will permit the storage of the copy in your inbox.
Maddy
Grafter

Saving sent emails

Hi pcsni

Thanx for your reply but i think if i do that then it will show i am looking at there emails, there does not seem to be anyway to save sent emails on to the plusnet server unless plusnet them selfs can enable it?
thank you
Ianwild
Grafter

Saving sent emails

It's not something we could enable - Millions of emails a day are transferred through our relay servers and we coulden't feasibly save copies of them all.

If you are terribly keen, I would think yu could setup your own mail server to trap these emails locally, or you could just install a keylogger like this paranoid parent has done Wink

Regards,

Ian
Maddy
Grafter

Saving sent emails

thanx for your reply ianwild, its nice to know i am not the only paranoid parent Smiley i like the idear of setting up my own mail server, if anyone would like to help me on this one i would be very greatfull, i am not to sure how to go about setting up a mail server.

Thank you