cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving search criteria for future use

wadeford
Dabbler

How about the option to save the search critera (or maybe multiple critera ?) for future use ?

Often I dont view posts for some time, and although the "view all posts since last visit" is very useful, it can get overwhelming.

So I use a search of author="*" and check last 1 or 7 days posts to view the last day or weeks posts.

It would be nice if I could specify a "name" for these critera and save them for future use (even saving them on the URL or in a cookie would be useful to me)

(Also it would be nice to have "2 days" on the search list, so that I can cover the weekend, instead of having just 1 and 7)
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran

PlusNet use 3rd party software for the forum written by phpbb ( www.phpbb.com ) and I'm not aware of any mods or features to the forum software that will allow saving of search criteria to be done.

So I suspect this is not something that can be done with the current forum as PlusNet are unlikely to want to customise the forum software to this extent.
wadeford
Dabbler

Aha...thats I all needed to know..... :twisted:
....looking at the source it accepts POST as well as GET requests,
so I can just append:

?show_results=topics&search_author=*&search_time=1

to the search.php URL line and Robert's your proverbial...

Thanks... Cool
Community Veteran

If you search for multiple words, make sure you include the 'search for all terms' option or you will get loads of threads returned - just do some searches to find out what to add.