cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Salt into the Wound

N/A

Salt into the Wound

Well, many will have followed the threads about the poor, to say the least, handleing of the introduction of management on BB+ accounts. I have just received 3 emails to tell me that I will get a free speed up-grade, reflecting what BT are doing in the exchanges, when it becomes available on my exchange, They then give information about products, but not BB+, which I am on, and a link with information about traffic management, of course the very information that is not there with regard to BB+.
I dont want more speed, I do want info on what PlusNet are supplying, I have now raised my ticket to a formal writen complaint and oh yes I received 3 emails using my now very precious bandwidth to tell me about something I cannot get, might not get and if I do get it, not telling me how I can use it.
Am I peeeved, no if I said what I want the censored insert woould be inserted.
12 REPLIES
JonathanW
Grafter

Salt into the Wound

Both of the emails that we have sent out recently, the second edition of the newsletter, and the service announcement about traffic management have linked to this page which does contain details about how Plus is managed. All you have to do is use the dropdown box at the bottom of the page to select the package that you are on, and the page will change to display relevant information about how that package is managed.
N/A

Salt into the Wound

Can the Plusnet newsletter be an opt in or out email,

I see nothing of interest for me in the emails and would rather I didn't receive it
N/A

Salt into the Wound

Correct!!!! ..and thats the problem. Do as you suggest and tell me where what the limit is, not aprox, tell me when level 1, 2, 3 and 4 kick in. Tell me what the effect of these level are. In fact, read the comments on the forum 'Level 4 management.' read the comments on the forum SPAM. Perhaps be so bold as to answer all the other posts about BB+ management. In fact, as I feel the post had an element of 'cant you read, use this link' I am even more annoyed. I have said in my previous posts, simple questions, simple answers. I am now purchaseing a product, not knowing how much I can get, and not knowing what you are doing to that product which I am purchaseing, tell me what other product I purchase which has similar properties and I will think about it.
JonathanW
Grafter

Salt into the Wound

We've said several times that the £14.99 Plus package has a guideline usage of 5gb during peak hours, and that once you cross this threshold you will start to see speeds drop to around the 512k level. After this, as you cross each of the thresholds, your speeds will drop in accordance with which level you are moving up to.

This is all of the information that is available, as the usage levels on the Plus package aren't set in stone, which is why the 5gb of peak usage is a guideline figure. As we move forwards, this guideline is likely to increase, meaning that you'll get more before you start to slow down.

Plus is a basic package aimed at low to moderate users. If you're unhappy with the 5gb guideline figure, then you might wish to consider looking at either the Premier package or the current PayGo offer that includes 10gb of clean usage for your £19.99 a month.
N/A

Salt into the Wound

N/A

Salt into the Wound

We have gone through that, time and time again, (read the forums). I am perfectly happy to abide by whatever limits there are on my account. But the fact remains, and I have read about fluid levels etc. you cannot, and I have to say as it has not adequately been shown to me otherwise, I feel chosenot, tell what the usage amount is. Yes you have set this figuer on Premier accounts. No onre ahs told me what the effect your management on my account is having on the product you are seling me, and I have asked. Can I ask it plainer. What is it that you are supplying me at the moment?
PlusNet churn out the same answers and I am not the only one not satisfied.
Any chance of an answer about any other product which I purchase not knwing how much I get for my money and how the product is being altered by the vendor?
As I said, my ticket has been escalated to a writen complaint.
csogilvie
Grafter

Salt into the Wound

That would be the bit at the bottom that says

This newsletter has been sent to you as a valued customer of PlusNet. If you would like to change your preferences for the electronic communication you receive from us, please click here. Please note that by changing your preferences, you will no longer receive other promotional communications from PlusNet, including free gifts, details of competitions and information about new products and services.

and links to http://www.plus.net/my.html?action=modifyMailOptions
JonathanW
Grafter

Salt into the Wound

We have gone through that, time and time again, (read the forums). I am perfectly happy to abide by whatever limits there are on my account.

As has already been said, in this thread and elsewhere, the guideline figure for Plus is 5gb during peak hours. This is the figure that you need to keep in mind if you're going to do lots of http downloads.

There is no other figure to publish, as that is the only guideline figure that is available at this point in time.

No onre ahs told me what the effect your management on my account is having on the product you are seling me, and I have asked. Can I ask it plainer. What is it that you are supplying me at the moment?

Again, as has been said elsewhere and in this thread, when you are placed on level 1 management you should expect to see speeds around the 512kbps level for http and other non-download traffic. As for what we are supplying you, we're supplying you with a managed broadband package that is aimed at light to moderate users who are wanting to browse, send email and download the occasional file. We are not supplying you with an account that is suitable for bandwidth intensive applications, such as p2p or other extended transfer methods.
N/A

Salt into the Wound

Got to love that last quote, been here over 2 years, I haven't received any free gifts thats for sure, and as for information on new prdoucts and services well we all know the answer to that one.
N/A

Salt into the Wound

OK so I did ask the wrong question.What other product do I purchase where what I receive is a 'guideline'? What is the effect of level 2, 3 and 4 management and what is the guideline as to when they kick in. I would also repeat, I am quite happy to keep to the requirements of the product, and it is certainly easyier when PlusNet tell me if I have just exceeded the limit - which of course you did not do (do not even bother to reply to that one). I will have a guideline on how I will react.
csogilvie
Grafter

Salt into the Wound

Got to love that last quote, been here over 2 years, I haven't received any free gifts thats for sure, and as for information on new prdoucts and services well we all know the answer to that one.

I (and others) got £5 on PlusTalk before Christmas...
N/A

Salt into the Wound

Dont want PlusTalk, would prefere to use my precious bandwidth downloading emails from PlusNet telling me I will get a free up-grade to new faster speeds above 2M if and when BT up-grade my exchange and I can get the new speed - which by- the-way I dont want either.