Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales telephone number?

mapletree
Grafter

Sales telephone number?

Hi,

How can someone who does not have Internet access sign up with plusnet? I can't find a phone number anywhere on the web site!

TIA.
16 REPLIES
N/A

Sales telephone number?

You can use a dialup account through your phone to setup temporary access to sign up for broadband. Just copy the details to your own computer as Im assuming you are on a friends computer.

and you can contact Plusnet here
N/A

Sales telephone number?

dont encourage 0845 or 0870 numbers

here's the number

0114 2200000
N/A

Sales telephone number?

wizardpc,

You cannot place orders over the phone im afraid. If you call the number and wait in the queue you will only be asked to sign up on the net anyway.

@ mapletree,

Why dont you get the person to come round to your house to signup?
Alternatively ( sorry my cheating trick ), why not take advantage of the Free AOL 1 month trial offer on Dial up ( that way its free ) sign up to plusnet for broadband and on the day broadband goes active email AOL Cancellations making sure you state all relevant details ( Name, Primary Master Account Username, CC Number and your phone number ).

Ive used this method a few times before and its worked brilliantly ( with the exception of the connection being Dial up for a short while ).

Regards,
passer
Grafter

Sales telephone number?

@tomspcs
take advantage of the Free AOL 1 month trial offer on Dial up ( that way its free ) sign up to plusnet for broadband and on the day broadband goes active email AOL Cancellations

Respect! Smiley

Love it!
gm4jjj
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Sales telephone number?

I normally just get friends to telephone me and I enter their details on line for them - this assumes they are happy with you handling their card details etc.
LiamM
Grafter

Sales telephone number?

You cannot sign up to Plusnet over the phone because you cannot read and accept to the terms and conditions and PN certainly aren't going to employ people to read out the TACS all day long on the phones.
gm4jjj
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Sales telephone number?

Couldn't they send you the TAC to sign by post?
N/A

Sales telephone number?

Im sure they don't need the paperwork with mail signups.

And anyway. If you want BB you must have a phone line so why not dial in using plusnets dialup service?

It will literely cost pennys to signup that way. Probably less than an envolope and a first class stamp and damn sight quicker than royal mail also.
N/A

Sales telephone number?

That costs money though, both to print and post, and then to process on receipt. It makes much better financial sense to deliver the T's and C's via t'internet.
Although making people sign up online presumes they already have some form of web access, and therefore an email addy, so perhaps it would be useful for people to be able to call up and give all their details to an actual person, and then receive T's and C's via e-mail, along with a clicky to accept and activate your account.
Of course this costs cash, since you need to pay someone to talk on the phone, so it'd never happen, especially since if they have the web access, they can do the whole process online.... (endless circles...sigh)

One thing that would be useful though, is a page optimized for dial up, so that it could be much faster to get through the sign up process.
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 5

Sales telephone number?

A lot of libraries do free internet access as well. Easy enough to pop down and sign up.

Phil
N/A

you could use this..

Access Number
Use (1470 if withheld) 0845 665 3000
Username uk2
Password uk2

POP3 Server
receiving mail
FREE MAILBOX HERE mail.uk2.net
SMTP Server
sending mail Dialup Users
smtp.uk2.net (port 25)

News Server
or read online
http://deja.uk2.net news.uk2.net
DNS
NTP Time Server
time.uk2.net

www.uk2.net
___oDiN__
Grafter

Sales telephone number?

tom shame on you for recommending people install aol...

Shockedops: Shockedops: Shockedops:
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Sales telephone number?

You used to be able to connect using the dialup PAYG without an account, something like user and password of "signup" but I can't remember the details.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
mapletree
Grafter

Impossible to sign up to plusnet by phone.

Thanks for the responses.

It seems like too much hassle to sign up to plusnet without an internet account already. I'll just recommend they use a different ISP that does allow signup by phone.

I thought plusnet promoted themselves as suitable for novice users?

BTW: They don't want a broadband account, just dial-up.

Mark :?