cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUP on BB+

kevchalluk
Grafter

SUP on BB+

I've just been reading the SUP info and it appears to only apply to Premier products - is this correct? I'm not likely to break the 100GB limit (if that's what it is) but I'd like to make sure I'm within whatever limits there are.

ps Finally got my hardware on Saturday and on using the BB+ service over the weekend on a 2.2mb line I have to say I'm very happy indeed with the speeds for general surfing and downloading of music etc.
18 REPLIES
kevchalluk
Grafter

SUP on BB+

anyone?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

SUP on BB+

You are correct that the SUP doesn't apply to BB+ but the acceptable use policy does and there have been a couple of users reporting that they have received a warning e-mail. Quite how you download over 100GB on BB+ I have no idea but it may well be possible to hit the peak time usage limit which, although not stated for this type of account may well fall under the acceptable use policy.
Sorry to be vague but PlusNet have not been clear on this.
kevchalluk
Grafter

SUP on BB+

What is the peak time limit for BB+ (or is it unknown?)
Community Veteran

SUP on BB+

Unknown I'm afraid as there isn't officially one at all
kevchalluk
Grafter

SUP on BB+

haha, oh well. i'll take my chances then!! don't think i'll be doing that much anyway, just wanted to be aware of the limits!

Moderators note by John (johnesse) Full quote of preceding post removed as it serves no purpose.
Midville
Grafter

SUP on BB+

I am sure that 'peak time' has been mentioned recently by the 'staff'. I will try and find the link unless someine can help.........
N/A

SUP on BB+

Peak time across the network is 1600 - 23.59 or 4pm to midnight.
Community Veteran

SUP on BB+

But that doesn't answer the original question although reading other posts I like the way you bypassed the 12am / 12pm argument.
N/A

SUP on BB+

There was a post from one of the Comms Team within the last week or so regarding BB+ and SUP but I cant find it in the wealth of posts lately.

I'll see if I can get clarification.
Community Veteran

SUP on BB+

haha, oh well. i'll take my chances then!! don't think i'll be doing that much anyway, just wanted to be aware of the limits!

Moderators note by John (johnesse) Full quote of preceding post removed as it serves no purpose.

I think the reason they haven't given a limit is because the shaping on plus makes it near impossible to reach. I think they should still give one though...
N/A

SUP on BB+

BB+ customers should not find themselves in the SUP levels as the account is managed and not for heavy usage applications.

I believe the thinking here is that whilst it should not be possible to reach the SUP levels, if a customer managed to do so then Plus net would have to do something about it.

In reality and given some of the download speeds being experienced, it would seem to be difficult to hit the SUP limits.

Edit for spelling and clarity
Community Veteran

SUP on BB+

While I agree with you Mark as far as P2P and Usenet goes I foresee problems with live TV streaming which, as far as I can tell, is not throttled.
However even with BB+ it should be possible to hit the 30GB limit by lots of downloads from ftp or http sites. One thing which comes to mind are games demos which are getting bigger and bigger.
But I am sure that with any normal usage there really should not be a problem.
N/A

SUP on BB+

Understood, but speaking personally, Plus net have stated and acknowledged previously, that this is a rapidly changing market. I am sure that as the uptake of such activities becomes more widespread, they will adapt.

They dont want to lose out on something which, lets face it, is going to be big in the near future. So I am confident, that as the industry, the market and the demand changes, they as always will change with it.

As such, and as they have mentioned, if a review or change to SUP's or AUP's becomes necessary, they will make the necessary changes.

What 30 gig allows today may be a drop in the ocean this time next year, and what is new technology today may well be the norm in 12 months. Plus Net will not allow themselves to be left behind.
Ben_Brown
Grafter

SUP on BB+

Broadband Plus is managed so the people using it don't have to worry about how much they use.

As such it is not included in the SUP.