cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUP is really an Unfair FUP in my case - read on

N/A

i don't know if f9 are being deliberately evasive. their reply was that, as newsgroups are value added to my account, they would not consider a refund.
i don't understand. newsgroups are nothing to do with f9.
so, they throttle my download speeds when i access newsgroups via the easynews website and claim that is okay. as i said earlier i use 1.5gb bandwidth and they give me 12-16 kps but charge for broadband.#
that ain't a good service if you ask me.
4 REPLIES
N/A

checking my usage of f9 shows on average 1.5 gb per month in the last 3 months.
i have raised a ticket about download speeds around 12-16 kps from my easynews newsgroup account.
f9 never mentioned throttling until i read these forums and suggested to the people that action the ticket that perhaps this was the issue. yes i received the standard email with links to speed tests but no one said anything about SUP.
now i ask you, is a lite user like me really a problem to f9?
we are assured that usenet will be back up to speed soon but if SUP is about bandwidth and i use 1.5 gb per month, why am i now being affected by download speeds comparable with dial up whilst paying 24.99GBP for broadband?
This is a summary of my last question to f9. If anyone wants, I'll let you know their answer.
as SUP is about 30 gb at peak and 100 gb at off peak and i am experiencing dial up download speeds of 12-16 kps due to newsgroups being throttled will f9 refund part of my 24.99GBP monthly payment?
i feel as though i am a lite user being penalised unfairly. whilst i accept that broadband is a shared service and you want to limit heavy users i wonder why a user like me is being disadvantaged in this way.
i would like your response to focus on a refund rather than explaining what is happening with newsgroups as i have read the discusson forums at length and get the gist of what is happening.
Ben_Brown
Grafter

The speeds you are experiencing on usenet are nothing to do with the SUP, but are to do with the managed platform we have put in place and are continuing to develop.

For more details of the managed platform and why we are doing it see Dave's sticky post.
N/A

thanks for your post. that link takes some reading and some of the terms used are beyond my understanding.
that said, my simple question still remains:
as a lite user, 1.5 gb per month, should i receive poor performance, 12-16 kps, whilst paying for broadband?
Ben_Brown
Grafter

At the moment if it is very busy then usenet performance is not great, however we are working to improve that and will be making changes in the near future to benefit usenet users.