cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUP info for new customers on product pages?

N/A

Am I missing something as I cannot find any reference to the SUP on the residential product or sign up pages. Surely this should be made clear before you sign up online? Perhaps it is there, I just cannot see it or it is well hidden?
8 REPLIES
Ben_Brown
Grafter

The SUP is on the front page of http://portal.plus.net/, and although it isn't mentioned explicitly as part of the signup process, the connection is described as contended and the AUP is presented and must be agreed to.

And as I have said before:
how we have been dealing with unsustainable usage has been a hot topic for over year now - given that our sales are via referral, the
sheer coverage of the subject both through discussion in general and
communication directly from us over the last year, this has been something that has been public for some time now.

As well as this, the SUP will not ever affect 99% of our customers, people in general really don't use anything near the levels described in the SUP.
N/A

So are you saying that the only customers PlusNet are those who only use around 10GB PM?Huh
Ben_Brown
Grafter

The average usage on Premier on all speeds is about 7GB. Over 90% of customers use less than 10GB a month. We are protecting the vast majority of our customers from the actions of a small group of users.
N/A

Yes the info is on the portal page but is intended for members, that is people who are already customers. New customers are hardly likely to take much notice of this and will go straight to the products page.
If it is so clear on the portal page why not make it equally as clear on your product / sign up pages instead of waiting until you are virtualy signed up before giving a reference to AUP etc.
Think you really need to get things nice and clear if you want people to have confidence in the products you are selling and to keep things open and honest.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

Just had a fairly acrimonious thread on this on ADSL Guide but the info is there if you know where to look - I didn't.
On the Plusnet home page go to member centre and its right at the top and you don't need to be a member to see it.
N/A

I wasn't aware of the SUP either.

As there's a lot of complaints around this area, I just partially agree:

- a SUP is common practice, you will hardly find an ISP that offers unlimited or uncapped service, especially for this price.
- 30 GB peak time and overall 100 GB is quite a generous SUP compared to competetors.With peak time 4pm to midnight, you can easily manage to yield around 80 to 90 GB total, quite reasonable if you ask me.

BUT:

- I don't like the way the SUP is made known to customers: you have it, stand to it, advertise it accordingly. As already said, the quota is not bad compared to other ISPs.
- I have no way to effectively control my usage as I cannot monitor which portion of my traffc is on peak times.
- peak times can be changed as PlusNet sees fit, not a good approach if you look at how changes have been communicated in the past.

In the same vein, PlusNet have failed to inform customers of the idle timeout which will cause some further anger in this forum once in effect (wear your goggles peeps)

Instead of addressing their customers concerns, you hear the "only less than xx% of customers affected yadda yadda yadda..."

It's that conduct of business plus massive technical problems (don't ask for #&%$ tickets, look into your #&%$ forums, all the information is there - yes, also why customers leave PlusNet, so save your tech staff the embarassment of calling p****d off customers who requested a MAC) that made me move out just 4 days after my broadband access was activated.

Get your stuff sorted and try to get along with your existing customers before trying to get new ones.
N/A

The average usage on Premier on all speeds is about 7GB. Over 90% of customers use less than 10GB a month. We are protecting the vast majority of our customers from the actions of a small group of users.

So are you saying that you'd like all customers to use around 10GB and you'd like anyone using over that to migrate away to protect your network?

If so why not send all those using over 10GB an email asking/ encouraging them to migrate away

If the "small group" is as small as you say then maybe pay them to migrate
N/A

. Over 90% of customers use less than 10GB a month. .

just because most customers usage is within the S.U.P limits does not mean that they shouldn't be told about it, what if they start using their connection more?, or start using p2p?, you have said yourself it is becoming more and more popular, the first thing they'd know is that they had broken a policy that they didn't know existed...