cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUP and tiscalli

alben
Grafter

SUP and tiscalli

Please could someone from plusnet give me a simple guide to SUP and any other download/upload restrictions, I am on premier option 1. I have just received an email stating I have approached 11g peak time and that restricions will be applied at 13g. On plusnets guide to sup for premier option 1 it states a warning will be sent at 24g, restictions at 30g. Also on the 27 July I recieved a email stating my peak time allowance had been increased to 20g? The sup guide also states there are no restrictions outside peak time? is this completely true. Please do not point me to any page on the pn site as all I find is conflicting information. Next point how can I find out if I am included in the tiscali LLU, I suspect I am because of the problems experienced over the past week, mainly unable to connect, but also a slower service. I signed up to plusnet,not tiscali, give me the information so that I can decide to migrate elswhere if I choose. Thanks a once happy customer.

Alan
11 REPLIES
Plusnet Alumni (retired) _CN_
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

SUP and tiscalli

http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/network/traffic_management.shtml?link=suptop5_bb3

Select your product from the drop down menu, from there there will also be a link to the SUP guide, HTH.
alben
Grafter

SUP and tiscalli

Please read my post again, then post the answers here. I do not wish to be pointed to another crap page on your portal!!
I asked multiple questions, please respond here, so that it is clear to all. I do not have any faith in the portal, please read again my post then provide a reply here.
N/A

SUP and tiscalli

Peak times are 4 pm to midnight, and there are no restrictions outside that time.

The PN pages can be difficult to understand, and the FUP and SUP are sometimes confused. But basically, you get line speed during peak times until you use 13 GB (upload and download). After that you have two more levels of management, at, I think, 17 GB and 20 GB. If you hit 20 GB you are limited to a maximum of 256 kb/s for everything.

The easiest ways of checking if you've been moved to LLU are by finding what your router upload sync is. LLU is, I think, 632 kb/s, BTw Max is 448 for residential lines.
Also, if you try to run a BT speedtest and you are on Tiscalli, it will fail.
alben
Grafter

SUP and tiscalli

Replys from plusnet staff only please, so that all is clear.
N/A

SUP and tiscalli

@medal.

This is primarily a community support forum. Carl posted in an attempt to offer help. Should you require a definative answer from PlusNet then the only certain way of receiving this is by raising a ticket.

The PN staff may not answer all the questions in this forum as it is not an official support resource and your demands may not always be met, unfortunately.

It does appear that you are confusing the FUP with the SUP. Perhaps this information, compiled by fellow customers, will be less confusing.

http://usergroup.plus.net/sup_calc.php

and

http://usergroup.plus.net/sup.php
alben
Grafter

SUP and tiscalli

Also the FUP as well as the SUP, please spell it out here. Then sticky it for all to view.
N/A

SUP and tiscalli

Sorry no can do. Its referenced on the portal and elsewhere, no need for a sticky in the forums tbh.

You now have the various links, perhaps you could bookmark them for handyness and future reference.
N/A

SUP and tiscalli

Im sorry to say Medal that these figures http://usergroup.plus.net/sup_calc.php
are out of date.

And you wonder why there's confusion PN
alben
Grafter

SUP and tiscalli

Wasted my time here!
NigelWood
Grafter

Re: SUP and tiscalli

Please could someone from plusnet give me a simple guide to SUP and any other download/upload restrictions, I am on premier option 1.

SUP, the Sustainable Use Policy, one of our two usage monitoring systems. The other is the FUP, the Fair Usage Policy. Both count usage in peak hours only.

The SUP operates (on Broadband Premier Option 1) at the figures you have stated. Persons passing over the SUP limits once have their speed severely curtailed until their next billing month. Persons passing over the SUP limits again have their speed severely curtailed until they upgrade their account.

The FUP operates at lower usage levels and is applied progressively, slowing your speed and limiting your access to particular protocols as you near your peak time allowance. FUP restrictions last until your next billing day. There are three levels of management within the FUP.

On the account you mention these levels are:
A) Up to 13GB, no management
B) 13 - 17GB, level 1 management
C) 17 - 20GB, level 2 management
D) 20GB+, level 3 management

There is no clear way for me to properly layout the speed/protocol restrictions at each level in a forum post. Your'll have to read that from the webpage. http://portal.plus.net/support/broadband/network/traffic_management.shtml
Select "Broadband Premier Option 1" from the dropdown box marked: "Please select your product".

I have just received an email stating I have approached 11g peak time and that restricions will be applied at 13g.

Yes, you have. This email is generated by the FUP monitoring system. As you can see above the first level of FUP management begins at 13GB.

On plusnets guide to sup for premier option 1 it states a warning will be sent at 24g, restrictions at 30g.

Yes. SUP restrictions are applied at these levels.

Also on the 27 July I recieved a email stating my peak time allowance had been increased to 20g?

Yes. Your peak time allowance was increased on the 1st of August as it states. The FUP operates in levels within your peaktime allowance. The SUP operates outside your peaktime allowance.

The sup guide also states there are no restrictions outside peak time?

Yes. Peak time is defined as 4pm to midnight. Usage outside this period isn't counted foe either the FUP or SUP.

Next point how can I find out if I am included in the tiscali LLU.
For confidentiality reasons I can't discuss details of individuals accounts on the forum but I've inspected your account and opened a ticket with your answer.

Replys from plusnet staff only please, so that all is clear.

Tickets are the best way to obtain exclusive replies from staff.

The forum isn't the right place to expect replies just from staff members. Its a community effort in here, and many of the community are more knowledgeable than the staff. If approached in a friendly manner they're usually more than happy to help.
NigelWood
Grafter

SUP and tiscalli

Wasted my time here!

hopefully not, or I will have also.