cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUP and me

N/A

SUP and me

ok I've just learned about this SUP, if there was an email i missed it. or is this a continuation of the old AUP/DUP/PUP whateverUP

my question

My account doesn't seem to fit in easily with the bands I have a "PlusNet Broadband Home Premier 1Mb - Original - original account". I've checked my usage for this month and it looks like 'm going to hit approx 15 Gb peak and approx 70 Gb off peak.

now given that my account looks like an up to 2Mb account it would be reasonable to suggest the "cap" is that of the up to 2mb category

BUT as i pay 29.99 a month surely it would be more reasonable for me to slot in with the up to 4Mb users.

I'm a little confused. and a bit alarmed as it looks like i might be getting a plusnet stropogram at some point in the future. I'm also a little offended as i've had one account or other with Plusnet since well before broadband became comonplace and I'm now being targeted as some kind of bandwidth hog. seems like now they've "made it" us longterm power users are surplus to requirements.
9 REPLIES
N/A

SUP and me

Hi thelaws

You did not miss the e-mail because plusnet never sent any out as they felt they did not need to tell all the users,

Since the sup they have now given a higher usage allowance for upto 4meg and upto 8meg so you should fit in the upto4 meg for the £29.99

You may not know it but if you use Usenet there is now a 15gig pm speed limit on it, for the first 15gig you d/l pm you will get average speed but after that the speed will drop to 3-5kb d/l for any usenet d/l you do after the 15gig..

thanks
N/A

SUP and me

yeah I got the email Cry I'm somewhat miffed as it was the usenet access I signed up for 7 years ago.

I'm just calculating my usage now. and i think i'm not going to like the results.
N/A

SUP and me

The way I see this is furcknet want you to move to a business line at £66 a month. Then they will not penalise you for using the connection. All consumer lines are now essentially blocked (3k on a 247k line is a blockage in my book) and you cant get unblocked until some idiot undoes it for you at month end.

If they made an upfront notice - create a newsgroup type connection and charged half decent money for it they may not have upset so many people, but as per usual underhand, cryptic emails which are meaningless until the network management software kicks you in the balls with speeds of 3k! Even my browsing speed is crap. All this for a VOIP service!! Reading between the lines they release a VOIP service and all of a sudden any usenet traffic takes a nosedive!!
N/A

SUP and me

Business accounts have the same usenet limits as Premier ones.

Plusnet don't want you to upgrade. They want you to leave.
N/A

SUP and me

Hi
According to this-
http://portal.plus.net/support/adsl/sustainable_usage_guide.shtml

The limits of usage are on residential accounts. When I moved off the Teleworker pro 2mb I was almost told I cannot because my usage was quite high and they were possibly concerned about the usage whilst receiving a third of the revenue.

Of course you are correct they do want you (me) to sling our hooks! Only Sky are the next worse organisation to deal with but at least with ADSL we do have some choice! I shall be applying my choice today!

Thanks

Suzanne
N/A

SUP and me

any chance of an answer on this guys?

which SUP applies to the 1Mb premier original account?

because if it's the lower one i can save myself a few quid by downgrading my account.,. and if it's the higher one i can breathe a bit more easily as my projected usage is less than 1/2 the SUP.

but as my line is rubbish I can't get any speed increase, as it appears borderline for even 1Mb.
Ben_Brown
Grafter

SUP and me

The SUP for what you are paying for will apply, i.e. as you are paying £29.99 the up to 4MB SUP will apply to your account.
N/A

SUP and me

cheers matey Smiley
N/A

SUP and me

Business accounts have the same usenet limits as Premier ones.

Plusnet don't want you to upgrade. They want you to leave.
The most bizarre thing is that even the PayGo account has a 15GB Usenet "Cap and Throttle". Perhaps PN think that they ought to control peoples' spending.