cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPAM - username change suggestion?

N/A

Hi.

Are F9 likely to introduce a method for customers to change their username whilst retaining referral discount, etc.

The reason I ask is as a result of the SPAM influx due to the webmail hack. Surely being able to change your username would be extremely useful with this in mind?

Apologies if this facility already exists (if it does, please point me to it). The free domain name idea is a great one, but it doesn't go any way to eraditcate the main problem which is the fact that our blah@username.f9.co.uk names are largely known and are the main source of spam.

Chris.
4 REPLIES
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

We did offer customers the chance to change username, however with all the new spam features we have added it is really not necessary.
If you want to stop emails being received to @username.f9.co.uk then raise a ticket through help and support and we can turn this off for you.
You may find this post helpful.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
N/A

Chris.

Can I still change my username? Or is the option to stop receiving mail to it the only one now.

Thanks,

Chris.
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

Can I ask why the username would need changing now that you can just choose to receive emails only to the domains on your account and not the username.f9.co.uk address?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
N/A

Good point. No reason really therefore.

I'll follow the mail block route.

Thanks again for replying.

Chris.