cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPAM filter - available to servers?

N/A

We run our own exchange server, and incoming mail is delivered directly to it. With the new/proposed spam filter updates, will PlusNet be able to tag spam for me, or do I need to look again at locally-run Spam solution?

I dont really want to add yet another App to the local server (it's creaking under the strain), but with the recent spam surge the company is getting hundreds of spams per day.
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

As the mail is delivered direct to your server without going through the PN servers the spam processing changes won't affect you.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Dave_A
Dabbler

Re: SPAM filter - available to servers?

I run my own Exchange 2003 box too, I use the IMF that comes with SP2, & I get no spam (well very little) So I didn't need to fork out the extra cash for any 3rd party apps.
Just Google on how to set it up so when you go to Microsoft update (not windows update) it will detect the definition update for the IMF.

Hope this helps
Dave

We run our own exchange server, and incoming mail is delivered directly to it. With the new/proposed spam filter updates, will PlusNet be able to tag spam for me, or do I need to look again at locally-run Spam solution?

I dont really want to add yet another App to the local server (it's creaking under the strain), but with the recent spam surge the company is getting hundreds of spams per day.
N/A

Thanks thealder. I have an upgrade to SP2 scheduled for 2 weeks time. We are getting mobile messaging and need it for that - I will definetly investige the new anti-spam functions then...
Dave_A
Dabbler

Thanks thealder. I have an upgrade to SP2 scheduled for 2 weeks time. We are getting mobile messaging and need it for that - I will definetly investige the new anti-spam functions then...

You can download version 1.1(I think it is) Also to note, when SP2 is installed, the IMF is of by default, you'd need to config this manually Wink Also you might need to look into an IMF Filter manager(thats the one I use, & any spam that does come through & gets caught in the archive folder, you can resubmit it (to your domain if a false positive, or delete it)