cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[SPAM] Marking

N/A

[SPAM] Marking

I have noticed that certain e-mails seen within Squirrelmail are not marked [SPAM] but appear in Outlook Express marked. This has happened with administration e-mails from F9 - it is not marked as spam in Webmail but was delivered to Outlook Express marked.
Is this abnormal?
2 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

[SPAM] Marking

That's definately odd. Once mails get to webmail if they are going to be marked as spam they will be. What's the exact format of the spma tag? We use [-SPAM-] if it's any different to that, e.g. [SPAM] then I'd say something else was marking the mail as spam, do you have any other software running that could do that?
N/A

[SPAM] Marking

This is occurring on my friend's computer. She has no anti-spam software and uses Windows Millennium/AVG /Spywareblaster/Ad-Aware and Zone Alarm so there is nothing there that could do this. She has a light user dialup connection. Like you, I am very puzzled but I saw it today when I did some work on her computer. The messages that were marked in OE definitely were not marked in webmail. I know this because she is not particularly computer-minded so I forward the spam on to despamchecker etc for her from Squirrelmail, and then delete them, leaving the correct messages for her to download. Even a message from F9 was marked as spam.
It is a complete mystery.