cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOLVED: Speed issues, not improving after upgrade

N/A

How do I get speed to return to normalHuh

on Tuesday 22/05 I purchased plusnet broadband and the first day the speed was fantastic. I quickly ran into the limit and my speed was restricted to 128kbps.

Since then I have purchased an extra gig and the speed did not improve, so after trying various settings I tried upgrading my account again - and increased the allowance on my account.

According to the usage monitor I am still well within the upgraded allowance but my speed is still restricted to ~128kbps and is sometimes running as slow as 50kbps.
Several days have passed and I've run 3 speed checks after trying various things (buying more allowance, further upgrading account, rebooting router, waiting overnight etc).

I also tried the service during non-peak hours (lastnight) and even during those hours my speed is severely restricted.

How do I get plusnet to increase it.

I'm still on hold on the phone while posting this message.
8 REPLIES
chrisc
Grafter

Can you try switching off your router for 20-30 minutes and thne reconnecting?

Hopefully this will kick the speed changes in. If not, i'll get this raised to our networks team to resolve for you.
N/A

Unfortunately still an issue

I've rebooted a 3rd time now, this time I left the router off for over half an hour.

I have run 2 more speed tests and I'm still getting around the 128k speed. (currently 123.7 kbps / 129.2kbps)

How can I get this resolved? I've spoken with customer support on the phone who confirmed the issue and directed me to faults.plus.net

Unfortunately I had to wait over 10 minutes several times to get through to support.

Via faults.plus.net I followed the process and after all the checks returned no answer I submitted a written note and received a response which isn't relevant to my problem.

I suspect the support team are bogged down with people complaining of spam - but I have a genuine problem and am having trouble getting a response.

Please can you raise this with someone who might be able to solve the issue.
N/A

--------------------------------------

Details from BT speedtest

Test1 comprises of Best Effort Test: -provides background information.
IP profile for your line is - 1000 kbps
DSL connection rate: 448 kbps(UP-STREAM) 1152 kbps(DOWN-STREAM)
Actual IP throughput achieved during the test was - 65 kbps

This test was not conclusive and further testing is required.

--------------------------------------
My speed is still being unnecessarily throttled. ~How can I get this back to normal?
chrisc
Grafter

Thanks visitor,

It does look like you are still being limited. I've raised an internal problem and I'll escalate this to our networks guys to ensure that the limitations are lifted.

Sorry for the delay.
N/A

Thank you

Thank you
chrisc
Grafter

This should have been sorted for you now.

Re-boot your router and the speeds should have returned to normal.
N/A

Working now - thanks

Chris - thanks speed issue is now resolved. I just done a speed test and am getting 881.5kbps

Thanks for your help and professionalism.
chrisc
Grafter

No problem - Glad I could help. Any more questions then give us a shout Cheesy