cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLOW SPEEDS AGAIN

rob1969
Grafter

SLOW SPEEDS AGAIN

Everytime I try to report a fault relating to my low speeds 1 .4 mps I am paying for upto 8mb I was getting 6 mb upto about a week ago,I get the following message
Exchange contention status: Red

The local telephone exchange, from where your broadband service is provided is currently experiencing very high levels of contention, with many broadband users. As a result of this, you may experience slower connection speeds during busy periods.

Please note that BT regularly upgrade the capacity of their telephone exchanges. We will monitor the BTs engineering schedules, please check back on a weekly basis for further updates.

Can someone please advise me why I cant get something done about this?
2 REPLIES
bobbygeorge
Grafter

SLOW SPEEDS AGAIN

unfortunately your speed is within the limits of up to 8MB DSL.

There really is nothing plusnet can do if your exchange is showing red.

im on 8MB MAXDSL and I can only see speeds up to 20 KB/s max, and my exchange is showing GREEN.

But thats a whole other story which plusnet are fully aware of .. (ellacoya) :roll:
Community Veteran
Fixes: 6

SLOW SPEEDS AGAIN

If it makes you feel any better, my exchange is also showing as red yet I get 7.6Mbps every day. I just don't get the fast data transfer due to PN's excessive throttling.

Basically, connection speed is good, but it's useless because it's only a trickle anyway.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!