cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLAs again

N/A

SLAs again

now Ive brought this up before and Plusnet have denied they can provide any kind of SLAs because of a reliance on BT. The problems recently don't seem to be down to BT however. Email broken, ftp crawling, all sorts of other problems - how about an SLA or a refund on a monthly basis for email downtime as a start?
5 REPLIES
N/A

SLAs again

you got to be kidding, I have been told the only way I can get compensation is by putting a claim in when the problem my 3 month and on going problem has been resolved!!
N/A

SLAs again

disgraceful - about isps got in the real world and started making payments back for their shoddy service
canford
Grafter

SLAs again

The excuse trotted out that an SLA is impossible because of their dependence on BT does not wash when it comes to mail servers or web-hosting. If, however, you think about it and given the shambles that is PlusNet at present, would you offer an SLA?

The technical staff are incompetent and the management are probably more concerned with their options (which are probably underwater Cheesy ) than with actually getting to grips with what is going wrong.
shellsong
Grafter

SLAs again

I'd have thought that if PlusNet were out of pocket because they had to pay compensation to their customers for services not received due to BT failing in their obligations, then they would have an excellent case for sueing BT for recovery of any monies lost as a result of BT's actions or inactions, SLA or no SLA! (Similarly with Tiscali!)

A SLA only provides for a means of recompense that avoids legal recourse so if a few cases were brought against them by ISPs they might suddenly decide SLAs were a good idea!
N/A

SLAs again

The technical staff are incompetent and the management are probably more concerned with their options (which are probably underwater Cheesy ) than with actually getting to grips with what is going wrong.

I've given up on PlusNet & am now waiting for the "Magic Email" from Sky/EasyNet telling me that I've got to the top of the migration list so I can leave.

PN's stock isn't quite underwater (yet) - they originally floated at £0.95 and they last closed at £1.13.25. Take a look at finance.yahoo.com (symbol PNT.L) for more info:

http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=PNT.L

Also take a look at their chart & historical (hysterical?) stock valuation - it really shows how fast the stock has fallen (from riding high at £4.14 on 26th March 2006).

I think they're in big trouble & will take at least 6 - 12 months to recover from this...if ever...

samfa