cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLA for Tiscali LLU

Community Veteran

SLA for Tiscali LLU

Does anyone know if Plus.Net will have a Service Level Agreement in place for the LLU connections they are providing with Tiscali.

Sorry just looking for a plus in this idea.

Chilly
7 REPLIES
avalon
Grafter

SLA for Tiscali LLU

Yes, of course, it will all have been written into the contract they signed.

But as usual it will take 6 months of badgering, tantrums, and persistent questions before they finally give in and give us an idea of what we can expect. Probably announcing the details on AG first as usual. :roll:
N/A

SLA for Tiscali LLU

which will be followed up by the usual round of Plusnet bashing...there is never a wrong time for a bit of Plusnet bashing Cheesy
N/A

SLA for Tiscali LLU

They may do or they may not, BT wholesale don't have an SLA for home connections AFAIK. Also it won't end up making a blind bit of difference to us as customers who don't have any SLA with PlusNet. I'm sure PlusNet have an SLA with AboveNet, but did that help when the peering issues arose, did that help PlusNet's ability to identify the problems, reroute traffic or even explain why there were failures. Did we ever see any compensation for downtime. No.
Community Veteran

SLA for Tiscali LLU

With BT not offering an SLA basically because OFCOM did not force them too, Plus.Net had little choice as they where the only supplier available. And it was the same for all ISP’s.

But as the deal with Tiscali, Plus.Net are in a good negotiating place to insist there is an SLA, as Tiscali will benefit from the additional custom that Plus.Net will bring.
I am sure that there will be a few Shockedops: at Plus.Net if it comes out that they have failed to secure a SLA.

Chilly
N/A

SLA for Tiscali LLU

Trouble is most SLA's have weasle words embedded in them which if carefully used can be used to get the supplier out of the SLA without too much financial liability...

BT, you'd have thought, given the SLA's they expect their suppliers to agree to would have offered SLA's to ISP from the start - it gives you as a supplier a nice fallback as well - all you need say is well our SLA say's it will be fixed in x hours so don't bother us until then - (gives you chance to finish your coffee).

I've seen alot of SLA's and very rarely have seen one which is really worth the paper its written on.
Community Veteran

SLA for Tiscali LLU

Judging by the total silence from Plus.Net on the subject of the Service Level Agreement they have with Tiscali, I can only assume they have been left Shockedops:

Chilly
N/A

SLA for Tiscali LLU

They may have one, but probably wouldn't inform customers of it as it could be used to argue for compensation. After all, PlusNet have SLA's with their partners (such as AboveNet) who've had problems causing connection problems for customers for days and while PlusNet may have received compensation, we certainly did not (nor a full explanation).