Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDSL Query...

Robtheplod
Grafter

SDSL Query...

Hi All
Can someone point me in the right direction please?
In Plusnets info page on SDSL it states that an SDSL line is provided, but during signup it asks you for a number you'll be connecting to the internet on - which is correct ?
Do I need to get a PSTN put in by BT first, or is this all included as part of the package?
many thanks!!!
10 REPLIES
James
Grafter

SDSL Query...

Have to admit to not being 100% certain as I've had no dealings with SDSL, ever.

However, I would strongly suspect that you would need to have your PSTN line installed first before we are able to ask BT supply and SDSL service. When the page states that an SDSL line is provided I imagine it means the service rather than telephone line.
James
Grafter

SDSL Query...

An SDSL line is provided, to be used exclusively for the service. (You can request your own installation date for the line. This will take place at least 20 working days after placing your order). No changes are made to your current phone network.

I see your point Smiley

I'll see if I can do some digging.
Robtheplod
Grafter

SDSL Query...

many thanks - look forward to the answer..
James
Grafter

SDSL Query...

Right.

You do need to enter your telephone number. That data will give BT the relevant routing information for providing the service.

You will not be able to make calls from this line and it will not have a telephone number associated with it as it will be a dedicated SDSL line.
Robtheplod
Grafter

SDSL Query...

James

Just to be clear here, so I need to have BT install a PSTN line and this number given to you during the sign up process?

if so you may want to change the wording on your SDSL page...

rob
James
Grafter

SDSL Query...

No.

You give us the existing telephone number at your property and we liaise with BT to install another, SDSL dedicated line.
Robtheplod
Grafter

SDSL Query...

Thanks James - OK, how is the line charged James? Do we have the BT rental on top, or is this all inclusive.. information on this is a bit lacking.. many thanks for your help.
rob
James
Grafter

SDSL Query...

Rob,

BT rental is included in the monthly charge.
Robtheplod
Grafter

SDSL Query...

so just the one monthly bill for the whole thing (if 2mb then £215) ?
James
Grafter

SDSL Query...

You speak the truth.