cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rubbish service

N/A

Rubbish service

It is working. But very, very slowly..... (dialup is quicker!)

Irritatingly, my next door neighbour is working fine, but they are on another ISP.
15 REPLIES
aetos
Grafter

Rubbish service

Is anyone else having major problems this morning with very limited service...

I can't even get on to www.ebay.co.uk

This can't go on like this.....
vic_newey
Grafter

Rubbish service

everything o.k here, must be local to you
aetos
Grafter

Rubbish service

can only get PN portal

No other

have rebooted etc

AM not even able to get Usertools
pictish
Grafter

Rubbish service

been getting random dcs all morning too
N/A

Rubbish service

is it a dns problem or connectivity? find out by trying to ping somewhere.

ie. ping www.google.co.uk, and then 66.102.9.104. If the later works but not the first, then it's a dns problem.
Eebuygum
Grafter

DNS problem

It would appear to be a DNS problem then
pictish
Grafter

Rubbish service

Did as above both pings worked fine.
Yesterday i was having trouble bringing up google and ebay ect page just timed out straight away but would load on refresh. Also had very high latency on world of warcraft only seemed to affect plusnet users on teh server and started late evening
today it the usual disconnects every 5 mins with down time upto a few minutes to a max of 5 most of the time it just connects straight away again. Router light that looks like an i with semicircle underneath[ sorry heavy night combined with being a technotard cant remember what its called] goes orange flahes then turns green or briefly flshes while green when con lost then goes stable green again.
I ahve been suffering dcs like this on and off for some months now and had the same thing in the past with plusnet. Today has been pretty terrible not usually this bad I have lost con 8 times in the last 10 mins.
aetos
Grafter

Rubbish service

This may have something to do with it
Rebooted again and things appear better now

Secondary DNS Lookup Timeouts (Ref 37063) - NEW
We are currently investigating an issue with lookup failures on our secondary caching DNS servers (212.159.6.10 & 212.159.13.50). This could result in intermittent issues with browsing webpages, collecting email or using any internet application.

If you are experiencing timeouts, we would suggest hard-coding the following DNS servers into your modem or router :

# 213.162.97.65
# 213.162.97.66

We suspect this issue may only be affecting a small number of users within certain IP ranges. Further information will be made available in due course.
N/A

Rubbish service

I have been getting rubbish speeds and pings for a month now. One minute plus net are replying to tickets very quick then the next I have to wait 2+ days for a reply. Sad
N/A

Rubbish service

excellent, so not only do I have to run my own email server because PN's is so unreliable, I now have to run my own DNS server too!

The only thing left is the actual connection, and that doesn't seem to be very reliable either!
N/A

Rubbish service

The situation is worse than described in Status information (no surprises here!).

The workaround only lets me access some web sites, eg Google, while not allowing access to e-bay.co.uk.

The statement "Further information will be made available in due course." means "Nothing will get fixed any time soon, so don't hold your breath"
N/A

Rubbish service

Why not just change your DNS servers to some others?

OpenDNS for example are big at the moment.
N/A

Rubbish service

DNS is totaly messed up and i can't get to hardly any websites.
Currently using VNC to my brothers computer 1 town over whos not having any problems at all to write this lol
N/A

Rubbish service

Have now switched to OPENDNS and it's working fine. Many thanks to those who suggested it.

Now all I need to do is find an OpenPlusNet Tongue