cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Routing problem seems to have returned...

Robtheplod
Grafter

The bug which meant if two nodes connected together over the plusnet network to the same gateway and got dire speeds between them (vpn/rdp etc) has returned I'm afraid to say - it seemed better for a week, but it's now back with a vengeance!

any sign of a permant fix to this as at present we have to recommend other providers on the other half of vpns to ensure it works properly..
21 REPLIES
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 5

I thought that this had only been fixed for business customers, and a fixed for residential was waiting to be rolled out.

Phil
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

I know this was being looked into, I think the business accounts were done, but have a feeling residential hasn't been yet, will get it chased up tomorrow.
Liam
Grafter

Yup, Business accounts have been sorted (we did it in phases to see how it affected the load on the CPU of of the ERX).

Anyhow... all being well, a fix for Residential accouts is due within the next week or so.
Robtheplod
Grafter

I'd be grateful if you could let us know the latest as it can be quite annoying.. many thanks!
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

This should be fixed now, although both connections may need to disconnect and reconnect for the change to take effect.
N/A

Thats good news!

Only time will tell if it has worked.
Liam
Grafter

Seems to have worked fine from the testing I have done.
Robtheplod
Grafter

afraid it's back to how it was today. rebooted our router 4 times until we connected to a different gateway to the node we are trying to connect to - speed then fine. can plusnet monitor this as it was reported as fixed..?
(both ends have been rebooted - left off for 30 mins then back on)
James
Grafter

Which gateway ae you on? PTE-AG1 is running a bit quieter than the others.
Robtheplod
Grafter

using 195.166.128.72 at present - sorry did'nt take note of the problem one - will do next time..
Robtheplod
Grafter

as promised.. update on issue. Both ends have been initially rebooted as per request. when both ends connected to 195.166.128.53 gateway, RDP unusable (2 mins to build login page) - rebooted my router which now connects to 195.166.128.123 and RDP works fine. Internet speeds at both ends are fine (and always have been), so i have to assume the routing issue does in fact remain.. any updates from anyone would be helpful as this is causing me and my company real issues at the moment.. thanks for any help..

I have noticed this on business and home accounts to date.

i will update if/when problem re-occurs (suspect when one of the connections changes gateway to that of the other...)
Robtheplod
Grafter

any news on this anyone?
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 69

Hi there,

We'll take a look at this again today although it should have bee fixed TBH. We rolled the same changes to Residential accounts as we did with the Business counterparts.

If anyone else is suffering the same issues then I'd appreciate it if you could add the details to the following PUGIT thread:-
http://usergroup.plus.net/pugit/view.php?id=226

Kind Rgds,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 69

OK,

It looks like you're not getting assigned the correct routing policy. We'll be looking to see if any other users are affected and hopefully rolling out a fix later today.

Rgds,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵