Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Routing issues...

Robtheplod
Grafter

Routing issues...

Hi all
Recently, since upgrading to MaxDSL I often find that remote RDP connections to sites are painfully slow - I reboot my router and this often fixes it, but then it's slow to other sites - i rarely get to get get a good speed to all sites... is this normal, is anyone else finding this ?
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Routing issues...

Are the sites also on PlusNet connections. If so, there is a known performance problem when you are on the same gateway as the site you are communicating with.

Rebooting your router does often cause you to reconnect on another pipe which would then be different to the remote site thus your speed would increase.

As far as I know there are no known traffic management issues with RDP as several have reported using without any problems in a similar thread on the PUG forum.
Robtheplod
Grafter

Routing issues...

thanks for the reply - yes all on the plusnet network. is this something that is being addressed as it does appear to be quite a problem, with more of my customers reporting it (i experience this daily now).

ps: it's not just RDP effected. smtp also + port 4899/5900 - probably others...
Community Veteran

Routing issues...

Yes, it will affect other traffic, and yes it is being fixed. A trial is being run (or about to be run) with a few users to confirm if the fix really does fix it before it is rolled out to the other gateways.
Robtheplod
Grafter

Routing issues...

peter
this does'nt just seem to effect peers, often autoturn.plus.net does not respond until i reboot their router so email gets clogged up...